Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
hair is falling out

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

hair is falling out

i had had 2 pituitary tumors . i had gamma knife in 2010 nad did shrink my tumor. my labs are low/normal so i get dismissed . my hair is falling out so much... my symptoms are hair falling out,,staying so tired ,,gained 45pnds alot of the weight in stomache ,,heat makes me sick,,dry skin and getting dizzy ,,i have brain freeze . i have lost 1/2 my hair and my kids has to pick my hair off my clothes ..could i have thyroid problems even thow my labs are low normal?
Secondary hypothyroidism occurs if the pituitary gland does not create enough TSH to induce the thyroid gland to produce enough T4 and T3. Secondary hypothyroidism is usually caused by damage to the pituitary gland (tumour, radiation, or surgery).

Treatment for secondary hypothyroidism is to monitor free T3 and T4 levels along with the signs and symptoms of hypothyroidism.  TSH (a pituitary hormone) should not be used to monitor the treatment of secondary hypothyroidism.
thanks for your reply..i have asked my endo about hypo and told my symptoms so many times i just waste my breath..how do i get a real dignose ? i have went to my old endo and i asked for a second opinion and was sent to a new endo and of course in the same office and was told the same by her because she had all my records of the old endo .. i have a question on seeing a new endo.. if i get my records sent to her will i get treated the same way or should i start over ?
Gimel (one of the medhelp members) has a list of recommended thyroid doctors.  If you want to ask for recommended doctors in your area post a question in the patient forum...

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Thyroid-Disorders/show/73