Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
hearing loss hypothyroidism

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

hearing loss hypothyroidism
Is there any link between hypothyroidism and hearing loss?
Not commonly, though there are some rare syndromes such as Pendred's.
I also wonder about it. I know that TINNITUS is a symptom @ hypothyroidism, and I also feel that sounds hasn´t got the same dynamics as it used to have. When I listen to music, it sounds very "straightforward" without frequences. I don´t really know what happened, but something happened, together with all the other symptoms coming.
Maby it is due to the strong tinnitus which soon is killing me, but I would really like to see the link. Sorry my english. Im norwegian. Hope you understand.
that is interesting that you should mention that because I have lost a good deal of my hearing for no apparent cause other than hypothyroidism, unless adrenal fatigue could contribute to it as well.
I have read that low aldosterone causes hearing loss