Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
hypo -stiff neck

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

hypo -stiff neck
Have been on Levothyroxine for 6 weeks, painful stiff neck started virtually at the same time as starting the tablets. Why is this, and how long will it last please? (TSH was 5.8, now 1.7)
Not a common side effect -- talk to your doctor about the neck pain.
I have the same problem!  I tried Levothroxine - switched to Synthroid brand, and my neck is killing me.  It's the vertebrae area that hurts.  I can't get it to stop - even with tylenol or pain killer.  When I quit taking it, for a month, it stopped, but doctor says I need to take Thryoid meds.  
A related discussion, Thyroid  disease was started.