Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
hypodense nodule
About This Forum:

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

hypodense nodule

Hi Doc,

I just need your help in interpreting the result of my father's ct scan.. Here it is:

Presence of a 12mm thick-walled cystic mass within an atrophic right parotid gland with slightly ill-defined margins. The findings is suggestive of an abscess formation or an area of orgnized necrosis with edema in the adjcent subcutaneous tissues. A 55M hypodense nodule in the left lobe of the thyroid gland may represent a colloid cyst.

Benign calcified granuloma in the anterior segment of the left upper lobe and 2MM noncalcified granuloma in the left upper lobe. The latter show mild fibrosis in the adjacent lung. Atrophic left kidney. Spondylosis of the dorsal spine.

I just want to know doc how serious is my father's condition. thank you very much.