Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
levothyroxine and side effects

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

levothyroxine and side effects

hi ok so I have been on levothyroxine for 3 days now and I take it first thing in the am on an empty stomach. I have been noticng that I am having an uncomfy feeling of my body being in overdrive or feeling overstimulated on and off druing the day it is ok cuz it will motivate me to workout or whatever but at night time say 12 or so hours later its worse I take sleep meds (valerian and melatonin) to help me sleep and that doesn't even help anymore. I haven't had a sound sleep in 2 or so days.

is this a side effect for me and will it stop once it is in my system. I am on a very low dose of 12.5 mg thank god
give it more time for your body to get used to it -- talk to the prescribing doctor if symptoms persist.