Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
neck and chest pressure and discomfort

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

neck and chest pressure and discomfort

I have had Hashimoto's for 12 years. Take Synthroid 100 mcg daily.  For the last four weeks, experiencing neck and upper chest pressure and discomfort.  Thyroid Sonogram on June 17 (one week ago) indicates multi nodular goiter.  Appt with Endricinologist in Pittsburgh, PA on July 20th, meantime, this pressure and discomfort is uncomfortable and constant. TSH levels within normal range. Advice?  What is this pressure about?
No specific advice other than wait for the evaluation by the endocrinologist and FNA biopsy any dominant/suspicious nodule.  With the normal TSH there is not much more to do with synthroid dosing.

This may be non-thyroid -- example: acid reflux or even cardiac.
I had the same problem. My internal med. Dr had mt TSH at normal, I felt like crude and could not move off the bed. My heart Dr. did a cath and found nothing . The intenal med Dr. put me on acid reflux med and it did nothing(all 6 of them). The pressure and pains in my chest and neck did not get better. The Endo did the tests and said it was not my thyroid until I said I would check myself into Mayo! Then she did 7 more tests and finally declared I had no T3. It was going to Reverse. No matter what she did or gave me it never came above 60. She thru up her hands and said the only thing she could do is put me on Armour and she did not prescibe that. She started me on 180 of Armour and I felt 90% better in 2 days. For me it was my thyroid. I did have the others checked. Don't give up on it!!