regulating prednisone use
Post hypophysectomy, pituitary non-function, I take 5mg prednisone Q.D..  With physical +/or emotional demand, I must supplement with more prednisone.  I need more guidance ito recognising need for / frequency / and amount of prednisone to take.    Currently I respond to Px weakness, but I need more information.  Loss of appetite, bad headache, mental slowdown, very slight tremor - all plus significant weakness, and post Px demand in past 3 days.
So, all Re: adrenal need?  How much and how often to take supplements?  What are the Sx and Sx of too much supplementation?  
[Also I take thyroid supplement .175 and growth hormone .30]
Would talk to a general endocrinologist about this.
Yes, I have called her.  She is sending me printed info.  But meanwhile, in the moment, I am uncomfortable!  I intend not to imbibe prednisone when I do not need it; yet of course I must take extra following stress.  How much?  How to recognise how much and when, etc.  What I need is info to allow me to stay in balance on my own.
I thank you for responding -
Wish I could help more - but best to discuss with your doctor as these doses may vary from person to person.