Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
synthroid and armour
About This Forum:

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

synthroid and armour

I was on armour but was switched to synthroid and I was on synthroid for appx 1 year.  I really like everything about the synthroid but 2 months into the switch I had acne or allergic reaction induced by something in the synthroid.  Switched to the generic same acne like symptoms on my face.  I had gone to 4 dermatologist all dx me with adult acne?  Well, I never had acne until the switch but I continued to fight the battle and stayed on the synthroid.  After my 1 year anniversary on the synthroid my face was all scared up so i asked the doctor to see what would happened in I switched by to armour.  Within a month the acne disappeared but I started to gain weight, and have psorriasis on my head which disappeared when I was on synthroid.  So, the pro's being on armour no more acne on the face = con's i don't have the energy, weight control, psorriasis like welts on scalp.  I really miss synthroid because my moods stayed leveled, no psorriasis like symptoms in my scalp, my weight was easy to control and lose if I gained weight from eating too much.  I felt normal?  What do I do?