Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
throat biopsy

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

throat biopsy

on feb.16th i had a upper endoscopy  to check the inside of my esophagus and stomach because last year  they did this test and found five holes in my esophagus due to the acids in my stomach. I was on meds for one year and went back in the 16th to have the test again to see if the holes healed,they said when i woke up the holes healed but they did a biopsy on my throat but did not explain why they did this .the day i went home the next day i guess i caught my husbands bad cold and all i did was cough so much that now my throat feels like someone is pushing on it ,is it possible i hurt it in any way from all that coughing ,and also why would they of done a biopsy in the first place''' i am in remission several years ago i had inflamatory breast cancer and had to have the entire breast removed and all the lymp nodes on my right side .but my question is why would my throat right now feel like i have a weight sitting on it please be honest with me  anyone who has gone threw what ive gone threw already  wont be surprised (7 months chemo & 64 radition treatments and nothing but health problems for the last 7 years ) so i just need answers which im not getting right now ad its been a week and ive called to find outmy results for the biopsy and they say they still have not come back yet ;;;; any help please !!!!!!!! thank you
Tags: biopsy
Consider posting in gastroenterology.  This is a thyroid foum and I do not think this is likely related to a thyroid problem.