Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
thyriid disappearing

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

thyriid disappearing

I had an ultrasound of my thyroid in 2008 which revealed a small left half with a slight goiter on the right. IN 2012 I had another and the left side was completely gone. 6 mos later on another the middle was smaller than before. There are three small nodules on the right. My t4 is low. Any explinations
There can be variation in technique and reporting of thyroid ultrasound that may explain these differences.  This is why we advocate that an endocrinologist do his/her own ultrasound to minimize these "changes" and explain to the patient at the time of the study, knowing the patient's history, what any findgings/changes may represent.