Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
thyroid
About This Forum:

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

thyroid

A thyroid reading of 22.8 means?
Related Discussions
97953_tn?1193367871
need to know which lab -- TSH, total T4 --- in most cases it's abnormal, but would need to know which lab it is.  
-5 Comments
Blank
Which one is 22.8 and what are your Labs reference range??
Blank
I AM WONDERING IF MY DOCTOR MADE THE CORRECT DX. OF HYPOTHYROIDISM.  I HAVE HAD SEVERAL TSH TESTS WITH SOME ELEVATED AND SOME NORMAL AND THAT WAS BEFORE I STARTED ON ARMOUR THYROID WHICH I HAVE BEEN TAKING FOR ONE MONTH NOW.  MY FREE T3 AD T4 ARE NORMAL. (THAT WAS PRIOR TO MY TAKING ARMOUR)  I AM SUPPOSED TO SEE HER IN JUNE WHICH  WILL BE IN THREE MONTHS. I TAKE 15MICROGRAMS IN THE MORNING AND  IN THE EVENING.  I
I DO FEEL BETTER BUT, AS STILL WONDERING IF SHE  IS CORRECT.  SHE IS A NEW DOCTOR AND IS JUST FINISHING SCHOOL.
ANY SUGGESTIONS WILL BE APPRECIATED.
Blank
231441_tn?1333896366
Hi,

It sounds like your dr made the right call saying you have hypothyroid, based on your TSH of 22.

Her treatment for you is also appropriate (though could just as well use thyroxine T4).  She will likely test you regularly and get your TSH level down to well within the normal range (usually 1 - 2 for a woman).

Glad you are feeling better.  This is likely from the treatment.

Trust your Doctor.  Being young and a new doctor, she has been studying a lot lately and should be very up-to-date with appropriate treatments and management of thryoid condition.

Sally
Blank
A related discussion, TSH, T3 and  T4 was started.
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
97953_tn?1193367871
Mark Lupo, M.D.Blank
Thyroid & Endocrine Center of Florida
Sarasota, FL
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity