Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
thyroid issue
About This Forum:

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

thyroid issue

I have only2% thyroidgland left.  Had a goiter and had gland removed at 18 been  on synthroid.  I am 66 years old. had a recent test t3 and t4 normal tsh 9.4 what does this mean.  I do get a bit anxious and I have eye sensitivity to light and my eyes get a bit puffy and tired.  I take vitimins B complex with B5 adrenal support, omegas and I use progestrone cream and was using but stopped the estrogen cream.  could the creams have effected the tsh?  thank you.
97953_tn?1193367871
TSH of 9.4 means your synthroid dose needs to increase a bit.  If you were taking synthroid along with vitamins, this may have caused a decrease absorption.  It is more common with estrogen pills (than creams) to see an increased synthroid requirement but this could occur as well.  One option would be to make sure you separate synthroid from vitamins and re-check TSH in 6 weeks before making a dose change.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank