Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
thyroid lump

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

thyroid lump

i have lump in my neck with my thyroid gland... it started abt 1 year before. i have fine needle treatment but result is fine doctor said i have not thyroid problem n i need no medecine yet just i need operation to take this out,,, i was just worry because he was saying may be it is cancer.... my lump is small so he dont know that what is it... i dont want to take it out because it is related with hormons system,,, i just get tired and feel pain in my shoulders. i feel tired most of time... and im not gaining my wait...  he gave me 2 options.. 1 is i take it out and 2nd is i can wait for 3 months n again he will do my fine needle test and tehn will see, what is it.. i dont know what i do... can any body tell me what is it? is it really a cancer?
Without any details, I cannot give much helpful advice -- if the first FNA was benign, would recheck as planned w/ possible repeat FNA if the nodule/lump is suspicious.