Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
thyroid ultra sound resullts
About This Forum:

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

thyroid ultra sound resullts

I was sent to endo. dr. after 2 months with my thyroid hormones showing hyperthyroid had blood work done that day and numbers were good did exam and I am having problems with tonsils trouble swallowing severe night sweats during exam thyroid mild enlargement blood work wbc high,mch high,rdw high,plt high. so he ordered ultra sound and called and heterogenous solid nodule on left lower pole measuring 4mm but a1.2x1.1 cm. right upper pole heterogenous solid nodule and isthmus .61 cm. what does this mean?
97953_tn?1193367871
Sounds like thyroiditis causing transient hyperthyroidism and inflammatory changes on ultrasound.  the 1.2 cm nodule should be followed with repeat ultrasound in 3-6 months to confirm it is inflammation only and does not need FNA biopsy.
2 Comments
Blank
974371_tn?1364538460
You having night sweats too? What do they say about that? I just had blood work done and changes in my free T4 but went down.  My TSH was 0.57 down from 1.36 6 mos ago. I e-mailed my doctor and she said they are in normal range
I have to go for  a third ultrasound and probable third biopsy on thyroid nodules.  She insists none of this is related to my chronic dry mouth and throat and now chronic stomach problems and nausea and I mention the sweating to my doctors, they do blood work and don't diagnose anything.  I went thru menopause years ago. Now, I wake up every night once or twice sweating and with an upset stomach before I even get out of bed.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
97953_tn?1193367871
Mark Lupo, M.D.Blank
Thyroid & Endocrine Center of Florida
Sarasota, FL
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now