Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
transient silent thyroiditis
About This Forum:

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

transient silent thyroiditis

I am a 30 yr old female who was diagnosed with silent thyroiditis 2 yrs ago.  It resolved on its own over a period of about 4 months after a horrible hyper phase and an uneventful hypo phase.  I am starting to feel like I am having hyper symptoms again- anxiety, heart palpatations, general malaise, difficulty sleeping the night through, etc.  My thyroid (TSH) was checked four months ago and was high-normal 5.7.  Two months ago my TSH was 1.5.  I am scheduled to be re-evaluated soon but I would like to know if it is likely that I am going though another period of silent thyroiditis?  It is common for these episodes to repeat?  My doc did not seem to think so- she seemed to think I had an infection the first time, but nothing showed up on tests.  My husband and I are TTC and have had no luck and I am concerned about constant thyroid fluctuations.