Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
tsh .45 with nodules
About This Forum:

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

tsh .45 with nodules

By tink1310 | 1 minute
0 Comments Report
So for the past 9 months, i have been suffering from aweful mood swings.  I am unable to eat, i'm 31 yrs old and weigh 95lbs.  If i do eat i throw up or have diarrhea.  My symptoms became more severe in feburary.  I started a new job, and crashed and burned.  I lost 20 lbs due to poor appetite.  I would have episodes of nervousness and was always stressed.  In July i had a migraine that lasted 3 weeks with blurred vision.   I sweat when i'm cold, and my hands/feet are like icicles and clammy.  I change my clothes and shower 2-3 times a day due to excessive sweating,  I get tingling in my extremities too.  I have insomnia although i'm exhausted.  
Upon visiting my MD, he felt something on my throat.  I had the ultra sound and there are nodules.  I feel like there is something stuck in my throat and choke on food often,
My tsh is .45, and nodules are benign.  I get episodes of shaking cold sweats confusion and vomiting which lasts up to 8 hours.  Heart flutters also occur.
my blood pressure is consistently high.

I can't get an appt with an endocrinologist due to no insurance.  I went to ER and asked if they could test my thyroid and they blew me off because i'm overemotional and tired.  I have been sick for months and just want some clarity.
anyone have feedback ??---

my PCP only ordered TSH, i feel i need the T3/T4 series.
97953_tn?1193367871
The TSH is normal - this reflects normal thyroid status in the vast majority of cases.  The nodules appear to be benign -- likely the thyroid is not causing the overall symptoms, etc.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
97953_tn?1193367871
Mark Lupo, M.D.Blank
Thyroid & Endocrine Center of Florida
Sarasota, FL
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now