Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
vertigo
About This Forum:

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

vertigo

I have been diagnosed with vertigo since January 22nd of this year.  I have seen internest and most recently ENT.  I have practiced Epley maneuver since Jan 25th which has reduced the affects of vertigo but it is still hanging on.  I was informed at ENT that this may last 6 months to a year and to repeat the movements that cause the vertigo.  I have been doing such but the vertigo still awakens me at night and I have several spells thoughout the day.  I take antivert for symptoms but am regularly taking estrogen, pepsid and other gerd medications.  Anyone have experience with vertigo lasting months? however mild, this still is quite bothersome.
Sandra
Tags: vertigo
Related Discussions
97953_tn?1193367871
vertigo is common -- even amongst non-thyroid patients -- The GERD meds may interfere with absorption of thyroid meds so would recheck thyroid levels in 6-8 weeks after starting such medications.  Same with estrogen -- through a different mechanism.  The antivert should not interfere.
2 Comments
Blank
125112_tn?1217277462
This seems to be common, amongst a number of hypothyroid patients. Are you taking thyroid hormone medications?
Estrogen/BC Pills may interfere with your thyroid levels (need to adjust meds).
Have you had recent blood tests for your thyroid? If so, what are your values? You can request copies, in case you do not have them.

As for GERD medications, they too can interfere with medications (absorption).
If you read this before Dr. Lupo has a chance to reply, list your medications and when you take them.

If you have access to your thyroid labs, list them as well.

Best,
~Kate
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
97953_tn?1193367871
Mark Lupo, M.D.Blank
Thyroid & Endocrine Center of Florida
Sarasota, FL
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker