Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
very low TSH

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

very low TSH
I hear a lot of people saying their TSH test was very low (.1 or .2)and mine came at .003 how dangerous is that. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow and insisting on a T3 free and T4 free panel but I'm still not sure about the TSH. Anyone with more info an that
Hi bonniejean,

Yes, your TSH at 0.003 is really low. When I was finally diagnosed with thyroid disease, my TSH was 0.001 and my endo said that I was very "intoxicated" with the thyroid hormones. The new TSH range is b/t 0.3 and 3.0

This means that you're hyper, you should request a full thyroid panel and ref to an endocrinologist. You probably have other classical hyper symptoms such as increased heart rate, etc.

Thanks for the comment. So how dangerous is it to be intoxified with thyroid hormon????? My liver panel is also a little elevated to and causing mild discomfort.

Bonnie

When your TSH is too low that means there's a excesive thyroid hormone. These hormones regulate many other things in your body. Besides feeling really bad, excessive weakness, increased bowel movements, you feel warm all the time, etc. Also, If you're experiencing elevated heart rate (mine was 120 when dx and common hyper symptom) it could be overworking your heart. Now, I'm not a Dr, I'm only repeating what I've been told by my own endocrinologist, I can't tell you how dangerous or not dangerous a condition is. I can't imagine that you're feeling very good with that TSH. Have you seen a Dr? are you under thyroid medication or recently diagnosed?
A related discussion, t4 &t3 are too high but tsh is only 0.01 was started.
A related discussion, How to correct a TSH of 0.003? was started.