Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
what are my levels supposed to be ?

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

what are my levels supposed to be ?

what are the ranges for T4 and T3 - I just got my numbers from my doctor and I am trying to figure out if I am doing ok. I am currently on 150mcg of Synthroid and my levels came baack as this: TSH - 2.041 / T4- 1.56 / T3-159. I have not been feeling well - I have been feeling like I am running to low.... is this the case by my numbers?

I also switched my birth control to Yaz. I was on Yasmin and was feeling fine. I was on Yaz for about 4 months and I started feeling horrible. Could this have anything to do with my throid? I switched back to Yasmin yesterday, so I am sure my hormones are going to go into shock! but my gyno said it was ok.

can you help me get some answer my doctors wont help me with!

Your thyroid levels are pretty normal.  I don't think an increase in dose would help much, but you could consider an extra 1/2 tab per week after discussing with prescribing doctor -- however, research suggests that such "fine tuning" does not help symptoms.

Change in estrogen doses in BCP may alter thyroid requirements, otherwise not likely connected.
Your numbers all look normal, if that is free T4. You should request the lab ranges with those results so you can see for yourself.
Don't know about the hormones in the bc pills.
You should get the range from your blood test report. Your numbers may be normal in general, but each person is different. I need very low TSh (somewhere around 0.3) and high normal of T3 and T4 to feel better. good luck..
Curious about the Yaz.  I have been on it a few months and just started SYnthroid last week.  It seems that the PMS this month is much worse than it has been as the Yaz had all but eliminated most of it until now.  Wondering if its the Synthroid interacting.