Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
what happens with hashimotos after gland removal
About This Forum:

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

what happens with hashimotos after gland removal

well...I guess the title is really the question I have in mind!

If I had my thyroid removed, what happens with the Hashimotos?  How will Hashimotos affect the quality of my life, what kinds of things will I need to continue to look for?

I had my biopsy done, which shows Beneign multiple nodules, and hashi.  I am going to go for a second opinion on how to take care of myself, as I want a doctor to explain things to me, as opposed to rushing off to his next patient.

If and when I do eventuallly have my goiter removed, what happens to Hashimotos?   I have a lot on my plate, ie: lupus, fybromylagia, leukemia and hashimotos, and my wishful thinking is, that if I take out the thyroid the hashimotos will disappear..boy am I silly or what?  :-)

thank you for your time to answer this question.

Cindy