Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
why do I keep getting dizzy spells?

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

why do I keep getting dizzy spells?

I have sle with Kidney involment and I'm on blodd meds asprin,lotention,thyroid med,pain meds..........but I keep getting teriable dizzy spells?I don't know why It is lie I am drunk and the world is spinning but I don't drink?
Does anyone have an answer or been through this?
Thanks so much
Christine
Avatar n tn
Have you spoken to your physician?  Your blood sugar or blood pressure could be low, one of those medications or any combination of those medications could cause dizziness. Take care and I would try to recall if there is a pattern to the dizzy spells and relate this to your physician.  Good luck.
Avatar n tn
I get dizzy spells when I have like a thyroid flare up, and it is so good to finally have someone describl exactly how I feel, It is just like being drunk and the world spins.  I have Hashimotos, and my immune system attacks my thyroid, I have found that my world will spin when this happens, When my dose gets adjusted I feel better, but It comes back, and that's when I know to go have it adjusted again, for me it usually means my dose is too low and needs to be upped.  Have you had an auto antibody test for your thyroid?