Cancer Thyroid/Throat Symptoms. Please Help
Hi all. I have a question regarding throat or Thyroid cancer. I am a 28 year old male (half white/half Asian) I have been smoking for 8 years, 1 pack a day. For the last 3 weeks, I have had what i would describe as an uncomfortable sensation along my left side on my neck.

It's not a sore throat, but it feels like muscle pain along the main muscle running from my ears, down to my collar bone. The pain is not sharp, but its uncomfortable. I thought it might be caused by my sleeping position, but I am scared it might be a symptom of Throat cancer. If I do have it, what is the prognosis, and should I go see a doctor? (Dumb question, I have an appointment next week)

The pain as mention is not really pain, but an uncomfortable feeling its been there since 3 weeks. Its the worse when I wake up in the mornings. It is only on my left side however. My lymph nodes do not appear to be swollen, and I wonder if its muscle related or might be related to a symptom of throat cancer. I cough from time to time, and oh yeah, it does feel uncomfortable when I swallow at times. The uncomfortable feeling is not just on a precise location, it seems to vary in location on my left side neck during different times of the day. I appreciate all the possible feedback guys

Thanks.

Jonathan
Was just wondering how your doctor appt. went and what they determined to be your problem?  Sure hope all went well......GOOD LUCK