Thyroid Cancer Community
Does this describe you?

Thyroid cancer is a thyroid tumor that is malignant. Discuss topics including symptoms, treatments, surgical options and living with thyroid cancer.

Does this describe you?

Hi my name is Tessa and I am a stage 3 thyca survivor. 2008 was when it all began. I have hashi's too.
I had been ill and my endo decided to do some early blood work to see where my labs are at.

When I first had surgery my Thyroid antibodies were 40 then 30 then finally they went to <20 for years, that is till now. The latest test results show: Thyroglob antibodies at 30. TSH 6.14 was .012 a year ago. thyroglobulin is 0.2 no change really. Its the other two that now have my doctor doing a thyroid scan. I have some lymph nodes that are small in my neck but do not show much of anything with ultrasound or CT scans. They can be felt though.

Also my iodized calcium has been up and down but my parathyroid level seems alright. There was concern about the parathyroid being involved because of the local metastatic finding during the surgery in 08.

I am reaching out to you fellow thyca survivors for some kind of guidance on if this is something someone else may have experienced especially with the thyroid antibodies returning to where they were post surgery.

Thank you
Hey Tessa!

The thyroid antibodies are likely to be related to autoimmunity while it is the thyroglobulin level that is more indicative of a recurrence. However with enlarged lymphnodes and deranged calcium levels, the possibility of recurrence may still need to be considered. I would suggest discussing the situation and the suggested management plan in detail with your treating doctor.
Hope this helps.

Take care!
Thank you, I am having a WBS this coming Friday. I had my thyrogen shots and go for my I131 tomorrow. I was also told by another doc that I should be having regular Vit B12 and Vit D levels check for my hashi's. My endo had never done this though so not sure if all docs do this.

Thank you again!