General Surgeon or what for Thyroidectomy?
Was just wondering if everyone who has had a TT....was it done by just a general surgeon or a surgeon who specializes in THYROID surgeries?  I would think that one that specializes in THYROID SURGERIES would be the best bet just from the experience of doing many more.  
Hi there!

Well, both could do a thyroid surgery. In some situations a general surgeon may have more experience in dealing with thyroid cases that a thyroid specialist.
Hope this information is helpful.

Take care!
From what I had read online before my surgery is to ask your doctor how man surgeries they've performed.  You want somebody who has the expertise to be precise.  There's a great list of check off points on one of the websites for a NYC hospital.  I think Columbia Presbyterian.  In the Health Pages I posted a health page with the info a few years ago.

hope this is helpful

C~
PS:  My ENT did >900 surgeries.  Unfortunately, I had to wait 3 mos to have the surgery and that was a very long time but well worth it.  He said I was the first person to ever actually ask how many he's performed but understood.