Hurry up and wait
Hi, I went to my pcp end of June hoping for blood work up because I hadnt been feeling well, during the exam he said the right side of my thyroid was bigger than left side and sent me for an ultra sound and blood work.  Four days later I was called in and told that my bloodwork was fine but the ultrasound showed one complex nodule measuring 2.5x 1.5x1.6cm.  I was then referred to an endo doc.  I got in on a cancellation a week later and the endo reccomended an FNA.  I had the FNA on July 6th.  During that appt he did an ultrasound guided FNA and said that it looked very "ugly" and should come out no matter the results. He drained 2cc of fluid and reduced the measurements to 2.3cm.  A few days later I received a call of non diagnostic results.  I was told to do a repeat FNA and I did on July 18.  During that appointment I was told again that it was just "ugly" in there.  The doctor also said if this one came back with same results we would not do another one.  He removed more fluid and "junk" as he put it, and told me I was probably going to get the same results.  There was old blood and junk.  After this one he reduced the nodule to 1.5cm and this was entirely solid mass that remained.  He told me that now we would just watch and repeat ultrasound in 2-3mo.

Now the question:  Why keep waiting when the level of concern and the recommendation of surgery was his initial response.  If he is not doing another FNA how will I ever know if it is malignant or benign?  I failed to mention I told him about a long history of a crick in my neck only on the right side for about 6mo which I attributed to sleeping So, what should I do from here, meet with an ENT for a second opinion, just schedule the surgery?  Any advice is truely appreciated:)wrong,  ear and jaw fullness feeling and acute pain to directly behind my ear and under right side of my chin.  As a mom of 2 small kids you learn to put aside things like this and not pay attention to a list of symptoms that should send a lightbulb on.  The endo said these things are probably caused from the pressure of the nodule on a nerve.  
Damn.  sounds like you need a new doctor.  where are you located?

Looks like he thinks it MAY turn into calcification but has not yet. Have you been diagnosed with hashimotos?   Can you get a copy of the report?

there is a whole group on another page that is much more active than this for this sort of answer - message me privately and ill point it out for you.

bruce
Thanks for the reply, no hashi diagnosis, no diagnosis at all. I have an appt with acsurgeon in a week for a second opinion
Did they test you for anything???