Interpret Ultrasound Report
Just got the results from my thyroid US and need help interpreting the report.  Do the nodule characteristics suggest malignancy?  Going for a nuclear thyroid scan and iodine uptake test next week.  Here's the report:

The right lobe of the thyroid gland measures 4.1 x 1.2 x 1.4 cm in size.  There is a hypoechoic well circumscribed structure within the right lobe of the thyroid gland medially which measures 0.7 x 0.6 cm in size.  There are internal echoes within this structure and there is a peripheral rim of increased vascularity.  2mm diameter structure with similar imaging characteristics is seen.  Posteriorly along the lower aspect of the right lobe is a 0.5 x 0.3 cm hypoechoic structure.  It is unclear whether this represents a parathyroid gland or whether this represents an actual nodule.  The right lobe overall demonstrates grossly normal vascularity.

The isthmus measures 2.2 mm in AP thickness.  No lesions are seen within the isthmus.

The left lobe measures 5 x 1.2 x 1.4 cm in size.  There are multiple hypoechoic foci within the left lobe of the gland.  Largest of these measures 1.2 x 1.6 cm.  A second nodule measuring 4 mm in diameter is present.  A third nodule measuring 4 mm in diameter is present.  This nodule appears to be predominantly cystic.  A fourth nodule measuring 3 mm in diameter is present.  There is a partially cystic partially solid nodule within the left lobe measuring 1.7 x 1 cm in longitudinal plane.  There is another predominantly solid nodule measuring 1.2 x 0.7 cm in the longitudinal plane.  The left lobe of the thyroid gland overall demonstrates grossly normal vasularity.

IMPRESSION;  Multiple nodules of varying sizes are present in both lobes of the thyroid gland.
If you discard all the medical jargon, and just concentrate on the summary which is: "IMPRESSION;  Multiple nodules of varying sizes are present in both lobes of the thyroid gland.", it basically means you have several nodules on both sides of your Thyroid. They will most likely recommend a thyroidectomy, but I'm not a doctor so I can't state that as fact.