Please Help!! Post Thyroid Cancer Issues
I am hoping someone can help me as I am having new symptoms that are driving me crazy and I am not sure it has to do with my thyroid or not. Diagnosed with Hasimotos and eventually papillary thyroid cancer in 11/11, had a total thyroidectomy in 12/12. Started out on 175 mcg of levo, labs at first draw were 2 mths post surgery
TSH- <0.01   Free T4 2.5 so was dropped to 150 mcg and levels 4 mths post surgery were TSH <0.01 Free T4 1.80.  Dropped to 137 mcg and 6mth labs were <0.01  Free T4  1.64.  I just had labs done again last week and TSH was 0.02  and Free T4 was 1.82.  I also want to mention that I have the antibodies that make tumor marker unreliable, but also just had my 6 mnth ultrasound which was all good. Anyway I have not ever had any huge health issues due to these fluctuations except for the  occassional jitters and anxious feelings. However this last week I have been feeling like I am having heart palpatations, very anxious, very weak and fatigued and dizzy. My Endo suggested that I stop taking my levo for 3 days to see if that helps. My questions is why would my levels be bothering me now?? My numbers seem to be in the same general area this whole time. She said something about my Free T4 rising could cause this?? Just wondering if anyone know anyone about this?? Could I be having symptoms of hyperthyroidism 6 mths after surgery, could it take that long for me to feel it?? Any suggestions would be appreciated cause this is very uncomfortable. So anxious I can't lay down but also so dizzy and weak that that is all I want to do. Speaking of that it seems like some of those symptoms would suggest hyperthyroidism and some maybe hypothyroidism so that is confusing too!
Thanks so much,
Hi there!

Normal free T4 levels vary between 0.8 – 1.8 ng/dl. Values above 1.8 are high and likely to be responsible for your symptoms and hence skip doses of levothyroxine are advised to stabilize the levels.
Hope this helps.

Take care!