Thyroid ultrasound
Concerned about my ultrasound 11/01/12. The thyroid gland is of normal size with the right lobe measuring 4.6 x 1.3 x 1.4cm and the left 2.8 x 1.1 x 1.2cm. There are 3 left-sided thyroid nodules seen, two inferiorly at 8 and 5 mm and one superiorly at 6 mm. These nodules are heterogeneous and hypoechoic in nature. There is a 2.5 x 0.8 cm lymph node in the left aspect of the neck which has prominent fatty hilum and which has normal short axis measurement. No right-sided thyroid nodules. What should be done? Can the thyroid issues be connected to dark green breast discharge (10/29/12 Culture tested Many Positive Cocci, No PMNs Seen, 4+ Mixed skin flora). Had breast mammo and breast ultrasound, no findings found. Had complete hysterectomy 2008. Please help! My brother has brain cancer and my Mom passed away from ovarian cancer on 10/02/11.
Hi there!
The thyroid nodules may require further investigations such as an FNAC/ uptake scan to determine the etiology and for appropriate management. The breast discharge is likely due to an infection and unlikely to be related to the thyroid nodules. I would suggest discussing the situation and the suggested management plan in detail with your treating doctor.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!