Thyroid Cancer Community
Tonsils red and inflamed and raised bump on gum...
About This Community:

Thyroid cancer is a thyroid tumor that is malignant. Discuss topics including symptoms, treatments, surgical options and living with thyroid cancer.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Tonsils red and inflamed and raised bump on gum...

Just wondering. I have allergies. My tonsils get red and inflamed often. My right one gets inflamed more then my left. Also on my right gum behind the last tooth I have a raised lump. It appears to never go away completely, and it gets worse and I usually get a earache and sore throat (hoarseness) at the same time with the inflamed tonsils.
I have had my gums checked and the doctor never seems to give it much concern. It bothers me to often.My tonsils bother me often.
My question is. Is this related to my Thyroid? Cancer??
What could be causing these problems??
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I now have red lumps in the back of my throat. I still have the other symptoms. Inflamed tonsils,bump on gum,earache in left ear,and hoarseness.
How does one know if this is throat cancer or allergies?
Blank
Red bumps not lumps.
Blank
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms, though these are unlikely to the related to thyroid cancer. There could be a number of reasons for recurrent allergies/ infections. Cancer would be slow and gradual to develop, while infections/ inflammations would normally be intermittent with periods of resolution. I would suggest getting this evaluated by an ENT surgeon for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703