Thyroid Cancer Community
What do you think??

Thyroid cancer is a thyroid tumor that is malignant. Discuss topics including symptoms, treatments, surgical options and living with thyroid cancer.

What do you think??

I'm a 48 yr old female with no previous thyroid issues.
In the last 8 weeks I've developed a slight cough, trouble swallowing, and a feeling of "pill stuck in throat".
I have a lump in the left side neck and very swollen nodes in my neck, also in my groin.

PCP sent me to Hospital lab and had blood work,(normal) ultrasound and a Nuclear Scan.
They emailed me that everything was normal, that I have a COLD hypoechoic thyroid nodule, 1.6x1.2x1.0 , lymph gland is slightly pushed up. Not to worry, I'm fine!!!! Wow.

Went in and had to pay to ask him for a referral. He said most people like it in email. Told me to go home and not worry about it. I was upset and he is sending me to ENT this week. Am I right that I need a biopsy ?

Thank you for all your help!
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? What other symptoms are present? Thyroid nodules are growths of cells in the thyroid gland that may be due to malignancy, fluid-filled cysts or made up of thyroid gland cells. These are more common in  women than in men and occurrence increases with age. While most thyroid nodules do not cause symptoms, the larger ones can press against other structures in the neck, causing symptoms such as pain in the neck, problems breathing or swallowing. It is best that you have this checked by the specialist or ENT for proper evaluation. Biopsy may help rule out malignancy and may be indicated depending on the evaluation  and diagnostic test results. Take care and do keep us posted.  
Hello ramgraves i just want give you ID about this 4 years ago i felt lump i want to the dr he said oh its nothin xont worry about it every years i strat
Fell that tbe lump is getting biger i want to the frist ent he did biopsy ig comeback negtive so he said it nothing if dosnt bathers you youcan leve it alone i want to see anther ent same thing so the year i was pergant it got biger again i want to ent he toll me will the biopsy its negtive but we can do surgery to remove it after you give birth so i did after 40days given he removel (removal) my left side ofmy thiroyd with lump of course the lump was 4.cm its big in 2 days i want back the dr to remove the drin i have after the surgery nd i got the news that this lump was cancer inside my body for4 year and all the dr i saw they said its nothing plz dont lisnto one dr see 1 and2 and 3 andtell them what you. want not whathe thing do biopsy if it get biger go had and removed do not wait im 29years 8 weeks baby girl im just bigen my life and look what happend  take care plz let me now.