Thyroid Cancer Community
confused

Thyroid cancer is a thyroid tumor that is malignant. Discuss topics including symptoms, treatments, surgical options and living with thyroid cancer.

confused

I Went for a Ultrasound last Monday as I have had swollen glands for quiet a while now and the doctor said he could tell my neck was very swollen. So After getting the ultrasound done I got a phone call the next morning from my doctor saying he wanted to see me ASAP. I rushed down there and he gave me a referal to get a FNA (this tuesday) The Ultrasound note says i have a 12mm Suspicious featured Punctate Calcification on my thyroid. After reading up on the net things arent looking to good and its leading me to believe that i do have thyroid cancer. I keep feeling like i have something caught in the back of my throat, its driving me crazyand its driving me even more crazy that i have to wait for the results from the FNA.
Any similar experiences or thought on it ?
Hi there!

The calcification may or may not point towards cancer. An FNAC/ Biopsy is the only definite diagnostic test and I would suggest waiting till the results are known before you can discuss the situation and the management plan with your treating doctor.
Hope this is helpful.

Tale care!
I got my results back and it was neither normal or fully recognized as cancer. So perhaps the start of cancer they are thinking because it's not normal. I've been referred to a specialist which is 2 months away wait!!! But was told to keep calling back to see any cancellations. Hate the waiting game
Just read your post and was wondering how things turned out for you?  I hope all went well and you are doing fine.  I am waiting for the END. doc to call me to get me in as I was referred to him via my ENT  doctor.  My ultrasound results indicated I had a 6.1 mm homogenous oval solid nodule with a few small microcalcifications in the right lobe of the thyroid superiorly. Other things as well, but, that info was underlined in a thick underline indicating something isn't right.  I would imagine it is the Microcalcifications that THROWS UP THE RED FLAG.......I LIKE YOU hate the waiting game.  I am a nervous wreck about all of this.  Cannot eat much at this point.  Hope to hear good news from you.....