Thyroid Cancer Community
questions
About This Community:

Thyroid cancer is a thyroid tumor that is malignant. Discuss topics including symptoms, treatments, surgical options and living with thyroid cancer.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

questions

Hello,
I have exprienced increase difficultly swallowing, I am extremely tired, I am always trying to clear my throat as though something is stuck in it, and there are times I get lightheaded, and when I raise my arms above my head to reach for something I feel like I am chocking. I have had the following test, ultrasound and blood work (T3 & T4) these all have been ordered by a general surgeon. here are my results: blood work as well as the ultra sound

T4 (Free , Direct, S) 1.43 ng/dl range(0.82-1.77)
T3 uptake 27% rang(24-39)

Ultrasound :
Findings; The right lobe measures 1.9x6.2x2.2 cm and the left 8.1x4.6x5.9cm The isthums is slightly thinkened.

The echogenicity of the right thyroid lobe is diffusely inhomogeneous. It contains several poorly marginated nodules the largest of which measures approximately3 cm in greatest size. These may be palpable has a single collecting nodule at physical examination. Centrally these nodules contain a comination of cystic and soild material.
The left lobe is diffusely abnormal and has been essentially replaced by a single large nodule messuring up to 5 cm in greatest size. There is some residual peripheral thyroid tissue surrounding the nodule but it is thin. Centrally this nodule contains solid and cystic elements .

My questions are
1. should i look for a  differnt type of doctor?
2. what should my next corse of action be as far as test and other things? ( what should i expect?)
3.  I had a full historectomy last year because they thought i had cance but didn't could this be releated?
Thanks
Hej, you should see an endocrinogist. The nodules they have found are really big. In Europe (where I am from) a biopsy is done on every nodule found over 2cm. So you should first do a scintigraphy scan to determine which nodules are cold/hot and then a biopsy of them. Good luck and don't worry, none of these things hurt :-)
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...