regarding levels of anti thyroglobulin
Could anyone please tell me if they know how much the levels of thyroglobulin and anti thyrogl can increase when you take the thyrogen shot? I had in -97 thyroida cancer and got the thyroidea removed and had RAI after. At my last blodtest I had the following blod results: TSH less than 0.05, antithyrogl 11 and thyroglobulin 0.3. I will now have a thyrogenshot and am worried that my levels of thyrogl will increase (could the anti thyrogl also be affeced by the thyrogen shot?). I know my levels are very low, but am wondering how high it could possibly go when the TSH increases.

Thanks a lot for any comments!!

Hi there!

Thyrogen would not directly cause a significant increase in thyroglobulin or antithyroglobulin antibodies normally; though mild elevation in levels may be seen. Increase in thyroglobulin levels after stimulation with thyrogen is often used in clinical practice to diagnose recurrence at early stages. I would suggest discussing the situation in detail with your treating doctor after the results of the test are known.
Hope this helps.

Take care!