Thyroid Disorders Community
HELP anyone had a cold before surgery, stuffy nose and sore throat ...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

HELP anyone had a cold before surgery, stuffy nose and sore throat SURGERY 2 morrow

I have a head cold today runny nose sore throat  nurse say not a reason to cancel surgery    has this happen to anyone else
Could be allergies maybe?  They say in NE highest # on the scales for tree allergies ??????  Not sure where you live but pollen is "burst" this year and fierce from what I've heard.

C~
I am in Chicago and I think its a cold starting just wondering if anyone has had surgery and a cold at the same time.
Good luck with your surgery. Take care.
I had my TT on 2/14/07 and caught something while I was in the hospital...Had to be on antiobiotics for 4 weeks because of a sinus infection that wouldn't go away.  Your immune system will be down after surgery, so let your doc know how you are feeling.  
Yes.  I'm sure later tonight you will get some replies.

Most had ok results but one was life threatening on the table and she ended up with bursting all the stitches while on the table and they had to start over, a chipped tooth bcz of life saving measures as she coded, etc., etc.

The hosp. staff left it up to her with the final decision of surgery or to postpone and being put out almost cost her life .. it is in the archives about 2 mos ago maybe?  I'm not trying to scare you .. just answering the question.

However many others on the board have had surgery with colds and all was okay ....... I had a 99.5 temp and viral sinus infection going on and all was ok .. so be honest with the professionals .. keep it low key w/o drawing too much attn to it and most likely all will be ok but don't lie either when they go thru the checkoff sheet.

C~

My hip replacement surgery was canceled because I woke up with a bad heache, runny nose and cough the day of the surgery.  The doctor said to minimize the risk of infection