Anyone taken the REFORMULATED Nature-Throid yet
Just checking to see if anyone here has started on the reformulated Nature-Throid yet?  If so, please tell us how it is working for you.
I have a thyroid. I do not know how your daughter experiences increases and decreases, but since I decreased  (three days ago) for the first time in months, I have been having a hard time (nose bleeding, joint pain, crying for nothing and everything). It was 1/2 of grain, but it probably will do with the high FT3.

I think my FT4 will drop as well and I do not like that. I know some doctors prescribe NT or Armour with some additional T4 (synthroid or other), but I can not take synthetics since I had rections.

I am a little worried about this. I will have some new labs done in about four or five weeks at my current dose, 2.5 grains and I will post them in this same thread.

As I said before I do not feel any better yet but I think, or at least for me, stability is the key. Same dose, taking it at same time, and hopefully I will see the difference.

I really need to start feeling better sooner than later. I will be going to grad school any time this year or the next one and concentration is a big issue. I really want to perform well.
Hello Magpie Annie - I just had an opportunity to look at the medication I was on that didn't work for me.   As you know I am in Canada.  I was finally switched from my Eltroxin T4 med 200 to 125 Erfa Naturethroid Aug 08.  I was feeling pretty darn good too.  Unfortunately, all those pills are gone, I only have the empty bottle so I can't tell you what the pills actually said on them.  So I finished those and had to get a refill May 25, 2009.  

I incorrectly assumed I was still on Naturethroid as I was just getting a refill.  I JUST looked at the bottle that I still has meds left in it because I stopped taking them in Nov 2009. I became so sick and put on at least 20lbs and felt they simply weren't working for me at all.  I couldn't understand it.  I see that the new bottle says dessicated thyroid, 125mg and the pills say ECI 125 on them.  Does anyone have any idea what I was on?  Was this still Naturethroid? or was the Naturethroid not available for awhile so the pharmacist refilled me with something else without telling me?  or was this old Naturethroid and I just got really hypo due to lose doseage? I am very curious now that I have read this post.

I am happy to report that I am now on Eltroxin T4 100 and Cytomel T3 25 and I am feeling very healthy, alert and alive for the first time in months, however, I have a lot of work cut out for myself now to get myself looking better again.

If anyone knows what I was on I would be very grateful to know.   Thank you! C
Just for all who might be reading this and are confused - people not in this thread. Dont get the brands mixed up with the product description. Natural Dessicated Thyroid is a descriptive term. The natural means animal derived, dessicated means dried, thyroid- from a thyroid gland itself. Dried pig thyroid gland to be blunt.

Nature - Throid (spelled this way) is a USA made natural dessicated thyroid med made by RLC Labs.

There is no such thing as "Erfa Naturethroid".  That is a Canadian company mixed
with a USA brand.

EFRA is a Canadian Drug company and their natural dessicated thyroid type of med is simply called Thyroid. Commonly called "ERFA Thyroid"

A pill that has ECI 125 etched in it is 125mg or 2 grain size of ERFA Thyroid and has nothing to do with the Nature-Throid US brand.

1)So, in Canada, you found US made Nature-Throid brand in a pharmacy?  What do they have etched on them?

2)What pills made you sick, what do the etching say?  helpful for your info

Sorry to confuse everyone.  But now it makes complete sense to me at least.  

I wrongly presumed that Erfa made both the meds I was on.   My first bottle said Nature-throid on it but there are no pills left cause I took them all.  I remember the first time I saw it I thought they had made a spelling mistake because there was no "y" in the Throid.  They worked great.  Also, my pharmacist had to special order it and I had to wait for a call to pick them up.  

My refill, that sucked, says Desiccated Thryoid on it.  It obviously is the Erfa brand cause the pills say ECl 125 on them.  I have pills left because I stopped taking them they did not seem to be doing a thing.   That is was I needed to know, now I understand why I had such a problem with my health once I started taking the refill.

Well, I definately won't be taking that stuff again thats for sure.  
Thanks for clearing that up LazyMoose - c
Brands work different for different people. ERFA works well for many, its closer to old Armour. NT doesnt work for me but does for others.

The brands are not equivalent in doses regardless of size equivalency.

When changing brands you need lab tests again to determine your dose, did you do that?
Yes I have a thyroid.  I will try to get labs next week assuming I still have insurance and should have results the next week.  Will let you know.
Hi there! Good to hear from you again C. So, if the Nature-Throid that you were doing good on was taken in August 08 then it was the original formula, which is what my daughter is also still on. Now the question is will the new formula work for you, my daughter and others? It obviously isn't right for Lazy Moose (good luck to you LM, I hope it's just the meds causing you problems and not another issue)! However, it seems to be working well for foreverlostmom and Alfonsia is still deciding. Blood work results will tell us even more when they get these done. So are you planning on trying the Nature-Throid again (made by RLC) even though the fillers have been changed? I'm surprised that Canadian (ERFA) thyroid didn't work well for you. I hear good things about it (like old good Armour brand (before reformulation) (made by Forest). Hope to hear from you soon!
So your t4 is very low in the range on the new Nature-Throid? That is what happened to my daughter's t4 as well on the new reformulated Armour, which caused her to have severe joint pain and fatigue. Maybe the increase in cellulose is causing the t4 to not release from the pill or keeping it from binding to the proteins in the body somehow? Her t3 was also significantly lower on the new Armour , but not as drastic as the t4. On the original Nature-Throid (which she is on now) her t3 (top of the range) is always higher then the t4 (mid range to slightly above) with the TSH under 1. She does well here. Since the Nature-Throid changes seem to be similar in their product as the ones made to Armour (it's got to be the FDA behind it all), I am really concerned as to how it will now work for my daughter, as the Armour was no longer acceptable for her once they messed with it.
What a nightmare this all is! I hope you figure out the correct "path" for you again soon! God Bless!
I reread your post, so it looks like you are doing well with the synthetic t4 and t3 (eltroxin and cytomel) so I guess you will stay with this? I'm glad it's working for you! and that you are settled in with your treatment. I wish we could say the same, however the "powers that be" keep changing things on us here in the US. They are really making it difficult for us to stay euthyroid when every little change must be adjusted to by the user and then it may or may not work after we've given it time! So frustrating!  
In one lab the T4 and T3 were farther apart in ratio than I was on other brands.  

Have you ever looked into compounding for your daughter?

Moose
Not yet, but that will probably be what we eventually end up with. I trust my pharmacist very much and I know he would work closely with us and my daughters doctor until we got it  just right. He is up on all of what 's been going on with desiccated and their changes and delays, and the FDA with their NDA's etc. He consults with me on my daughter's labs and situation on a regular basis, so I know he would take her case very personally. I guess my concern is human error and issues with the fillers they may or may not use in their compounding. I worry that it may be too potent or release too quickly from the capsule and I'm unsure if we should use sustained or time released?  I really am afraid to give her the reformulated Nature-Throid after we had such a bad reaction to the reformulated Armour. As far as Erfa Canadian Thyroid goes, my concern is that the government may eventually decide to stop allowing us to get meds shipped in from across the border. I need to get her on a med that works well for her and that will not be changed or unavailable. If hind site was 20/20, I would have tried keeping her on Synthroid and added in  the t3 cytomel to it before jumping ship. However, now that we are off that boat and I've experienced how much better she has been on desiccated thyroid hormone, I'm afraid to go back even with t3 Cytomel added to it. What would you do if this were your child? I value your opinion, so don't be shy!   Thanks,  Anne
Thats why I posted about if there was a new slow realese T3 in pill form. I think stella knows about it.

Look for my post today.

I dont trust compounding for the same reasons you dont, and to take two per day is expen$ive.
I'll call her and find out.
On 2 Grains

TSH 0.45-4.567 - (0.02)
Free T3 2.4-4.2 - (4.6)
Free T4 0.71-1.85 -( 0.77)
Vit D 30-80 - (91)
RT3 (235) current/335 feb
ana not detected

Here they are this is after I treated for RT3 and went down a grain.  So I don't know I am feeling pretty good but man my FT4 is barley over wish I could bring my TSH up  just a little to stop the doctor from freaking out.  He told me I need to quit taking my thyroid meds that I am in toxic ranges!

Prior results on 3 grains

Free T3 5.6 (2.4-4.2) pg/ml
RT3 335 (90-350) pg/ml
T3 uptake 35 (28-41)
T3 total 178 (58-159)
No FT4 that time but prior to these follows
Free T4 1.28 (0.71-1.85)
TSH 0.01
How are you feeling overall at 2 grains? better or worse that at 3 grains? Did you tolerate well the 1 grain decreased?

Why is your doctor freaking out? because of your TSH?

Mine is 0.00 and my doctor told me he is not following that number. He is more interested in FT3 and FT4 results. If you are feeling better than when not taking medicine I do not see why you should quit your treatment.

Are you feeling hyper? if so then you need to think about something else, but if you are not I would just readjust the treatment.

At 2 grains your FT3 still looks a little bit high, but look at your FT4 it went super down, very hypo.

Some doctors prescribe dessicated along with some T4 only (like synthroid) for cases where FT3 is too high and FT4 doesn't go up. They say the ratio (T3/T4) on dessicated has more T3 than it should, that is why they mix it with the T4 only decreasing a little the dessicated dose.

About the RT3... I do not know much about that, not sure if finding the right numbers in your boodwork goes on that direction.
Yes TSH is the ONLY factor they want to look at.  I did not have any issues decreasing but I also took a T3 only for a while inbetween.

I think the only improvement/difference is that maybe less fatigue since I decreased so I was probably a little hyper at that dose.  But I feel pretty good but I am curious as how I could feel if I could get the FT4 up but I am in a mess with insurance I am done at the end of the month and won't be able to labs for a while so not sure what to do.

But otherwise no I do not feel hyper no fast heart rate, shaking, sweating, nothing not much fatigue at this point.  My cycles are returning to near normal after years of infrequent cycles.
That  free t4 is way low. I don't know if this is due to the lower dose or the new formulation? (were you on the old/original formula of Nature-Throid before this?) The freet3 looks better, now just slightly out of range and the TSH is really not that relivant, however your doctor probably won't agree. When you are on a t3 medication it will often be supressed to close to 0. Unless you feel hyper with hyper symptoms then the TSH is just a signal of a happy pituitary gland with no need to signal the thyroid to release more hormone because there is plenty available within  the body/blood/cells. I do feel that the t4 needs to come up some, however it can lag behind and come up some after the freet3 does. When my daughter was on the reformulated Armour her freet4 also dropped to the low end of normal as yours is now on the lower dose of the reformulated Nature-Throid. Her t3 dropped some also, but not as much as the t4. She soon began to have joint pain and fatigue after this, due to the changes made in the Armour. Are you having any of this with your low t4?
Seems to be a pattern here with NT. Even though I seemed to have some kind of reaction to it, my Free T3 and Free T4 were very spread apart too.
I was never on the old naturethroid since I have been on natural I have had this issue but I was never able to get my labs right on synthetics either so who knows but my FT3 was never over range.  
I am not having much pain, fatigue, hair loss at the moment.  think it has been a month since I lowered so not sure how long it takes for it to set in but I was having more fatigue on the higher dose not sure if it was just coincidence or if that is my hyper symptom.  I went up to the higher dose to raise my T4 which worked but it put my T3 out of range to much.
You know come to think about it I woke up with this same pain as I have had for a few days at the base of my skull so maybe I am having a few more aches then before just didn't relate it thought it was just a sore neck.  Hmm thinking more about the added T4
I know that neck pain is a definite symptom that many peaple experience first (Stella5349 experiences this symptom first when things are getting imbalanced). My daughter first gets quiet and not as active, then ankles and knees begin hurting and popping,then the fingers, elbows neck and shoulders follow (her symptom "route" seems to be from the bottom,up when her meds are imbalanced- with top to bottom symptom relief when hormones get more balanced) Its like the first things to be effected are the last to get better and vice versa. Weird! Her final symptom is sever fatigue with the inability to get goin in the morning.

I think the addition of a synthetic t4 to get that free t4 higher (mid range at least) with a slight decrease on the Nature-Throid to get that t3 down into the range may be worth a try! If you decide to try this, please keep us in the loop with labs and symptoms as I will be crossing this same bridge with my daughter soon and am still trying to decide how best to meet this challenge. Thanks and best of luck!
I had my bloodwork results today, here are my results at 2 3/4 grains of NT for  four weeks

TSH: 0.00  Range: 0.34-.4.82
FT4 : 1.10  Range : 0.59-1.61
FT3: 484    Range : 230-420

Here are previous results at 3 grains for three weeks.

TSH: 0.00 same range
FT4: 1.31 same range
FT3: 448 same range

After these last results I dropped for two weeks at 2.5 grains, I was in pain and had hair loss, no period so I increased to 2.3/4, however this last week has been horrible: joint pain, cant breathe, hair loss, I feel hypo, but my t3 is high.

I do not understand how come my T4 dropped with the 1/4 grain decreased and the T3 increased!! (could it be the one week gluten free dietI did?, could it be that feels like summer and it is hot, hot?)

I will se my doctor tomorrow, I m sure he will decrease my dose. I am afraid it is going to hurt and that my T4 is going to go down, down.

At 2 grains foreverlostmom went down with the T4 and I was down down at 1.5 grains.

I whish I could add some T4 medicine, but I had a reaction to it and I do not want to lose the little that I have gained.

It has been a crusade to find the right dose. Just want to stay there for more than a month.GGRRRR!

I am on it now, and feel much better than the Levo I was on previously. Still working out some issues, but they may not even be thyroid

thanks
The split in the freet3 and freet4 level seems to really be the big issue with the new Nature-Throid formulation. It's like Lazy Moose said in an earlier thread on this post, it's like the t3 is from " Super Pigs" or something!  It is really strange how the free t3 went up even after the slight decrease on Nature-Throid. T3 levels can lag behind the t4. Maybe the t3 is still the effect from the initial dose, finall showing it's true value in your body. We have to remember, we are talking cellular here! That's the frustrating thing when dealing with these hormones showing up in the blood, and symptom relief takes even longer, it's the time lapse that makes things so hard to judge! As far as the adding in some synthetic t4, what issues did you have on it before, as you said you can't take it. If the symptom was just weight related, then that would hopefully not be an issue as long as you were getting the t3 with it in desiccated N.T. as the t3 on this is more then enough. Also the addition of the gluten feree diet  happening at about the same time as the decrease in your meds. could have also played a small part in this as 20% of the conversion process happens within the intestines. If the gut is healthier, then more of the t4 can convert into t3, thus making your t3 even higher and your t4 even lower. My daughter has been doing gluten free for 3 months and on a oral antifungal. She has lost 2 lbs. (this is a first), she is no longer hungry all the time (blood sugar finally under control), and we had to reduce her meds by 1/2 a grain because her freet3 and freet4 went high on the same dose that she had been doing great on for 9 months. I reduced her meds. (original Nature-Throid) by 1/2 grain 1 week ago and so far so good. She had been a little more talky with a little too much energy after the last grain of Nature-Throid aver the last month or so. Now I'm giving her 1/2 a grain with the last dose, and she is acting more like herself again. Also her reverse t3 was creeping up some on this last test, so more reason for the slight decrease. I will be taking her for labs at the end of the month, so I'll keep you posted. The only thing I can contribute to this change in her labs is the change in her diet and a healthier intestinal track, as we have not started the new Nature-Throid yet. So the gluten free could be having some impact on your numbers, however this should be a good thing, but adding this to the change in the Nature-Throid and that low t4 and high t3, I am really at a loss on advice. Are you sure you can't add in a little Synthroid an dthen back off the Nature-Throid to say 2 grains?  
That's great to know. Thanks for chimming in! When did you start the new reformulated Nature-Throid and do you have a thyroid gland?
I went to see my doctor today, he was also clueless about the FT3 going up with the dose decreased. He also thought it could be related to the gluten free diet (only one week!) although I have been dairy, yeast, egg and corn free for two weeks.

As I understand T3 does not build in your body as T4 does, so is it posible that that number is the result of my previous dose at 3 grains, one month ago?

My FT4 went down and I think that is why I am feeling fatigue, although today per example I am feeling hyper (my chest). My pulse is at 75 per minute which is not bad.

He put me at 2.5 grains and said not to be playing around with the doses. I have to go back in three months.

The problem I had with T4 meds was itching all over. I could not take it.

Seeing my T3 going up that far I am afraid 2.5 grains will be too much. But at 1.5 grains I was very low which tells me that at 2 grains would not be enought either. I hope T3 does not continue building and goes down.

So your daughter also has problems of "balance" between FT3 and FT4 with NT?
I think that with all desiccated the t3 will usually run higher then the freet4 on labs. The issue with the new Nature-Throid and Armour is that the seperation in the two is even greater on labs. The manufacturers increased the cellulose and decreased the dexstrose in the fillers/binders and for some reason it's making the freet4 too low and the freet3 too high. Optimally most people need the t3 higher in the range without going out of range, with the t4 at mid range or slightly higher (a little lower then the freet3 level). The problem is that the t4 is way more then a little lower, it's falling significantly lower, close to thye bottom of the range , with the t3 often out of range on the high side. They should be in the same ball park! The old Nature-Throid is better at keeping things balanced, our issue is that her levels have been creeping up since we improved her intestinal issues and went Gluten free. It just seems that she is needing less med. now. Her t3 and t4 are close in range, the only issue is that they are both too high now and her reverse t3 is rising some. So we've backed off by 1/2 a grain for the first time ever, and she seems to be doing great so far (1 week now). Labs will be done at the end of the month, so we'll see  for sure then.  As far as the t4 meds go with the itching, did you try more then one brand? You are right that t3 is used quickly , yet I have heard that it lags behind on labs, so these do seem to contradict each other don't they? I just can't figure out why the t3 would have gone up after your decrease though? Maybe you should make a new post about this? It would be interesting to see if anyone can figure it out here! Keep in touch!
Thanks for your response. I have tried every single brand for T4 and I got the same effect.

My doctor said that if my T4 was over 1 he was happy with it, because T3 is the active one.

I will follow your suggestion about posting my inexplicable T3 raised.

Please keep us updated about your daughter and NT.

I've been on the new formulation for NatureThroid for 9 days now and I am starting to feel it.  Very tired, wanting naps, waking up at night more, weepy, depressed.  I had bronchitus right after I started so some of this may be related to being sick but I don't think all of it is.  I have a dr. appt for labs on July 24th so I hope I can hold out until then.  I've already talked to the local compounding pharmacist and she can do a time release with my dosage.  Just have to talk to insurance to find out my cost on it. Wish me luck!
Thanks Emmy for letting us know. Please let us know your lab results and ranges when you get them. Do you have a thyroid gland?
I had 2/3 removed in 206 due to nodules and suspected cancer.  No cancer thankfully.  The remaining 1/3 had atrophied according to the 2010 ultrasound.  I've been on dessicated ever since I started and have Hashimotos.  I was hoping I would feel okay on the new formulation but I'm not.  I don't know if it is because I have been sick, the medicine really isn't working right or it is all in my head!  I can't wait for my next labs.
Have you thought about trying Erfa brand desiccated thyroid from Canad? It is suppose to be like old (before reformulation) Armour.
I have thought of it but am hesitant about buying from Canada.  If the gov't cuts off access I'll have to go to compounded anyway.  It isn't looking good for my insurance to pay for compounded dessicated.  If it is available in another form ins. won't pay according to the rep. I spoke with yesterday.  Not sure aboutthat though as I just submitted and was paid for a compounded prescription for my son and I know it is available pre-made.  It just doesn't work as well so we use the compounded version instead.
My daughter is nine and born without a thyroid gland. I switched her from Synthroid to desiccated Armour brand before reformulation 1 1/2 years ago and she did great until they reformulated. Then I switched her to Nature-Throid 1 year ago and she has done fantastic. Now it has been reformulated like the Armour. We will NOT be trying it!  We will try the Erfa as it is similar to old/good (before reformulation) Armour and not too expensive. If it does not do well for her, then we will have to try compounded or go back to Synthroid with t3 Cytomel added. Synthroid alone did not cut the mustard for her (conversion issue). I have high hopes for the Erfa though, and am hoping for a smooth transition to it from the original Nature-Throid. If in the future, it is not available, then we will cross that bridge if and when we get to it (I have 6 months of original Nature-Throid left to hold us over if this happens until we can decide on a plan B). You can order up to 1 year in advance if your doctor will write a script for that much. It took 11 days to get it in the mail and it took 2 phone calls and 1 fax.It wasn't really that difficult to set it all up. I'll keep you posted!
My doctor didn't give me any problem ordering it.  It is being processed by the pharmacy you recommeded and I think it will be shipped today.  I went back on my reformulated armour since at least I didnt' hurt on it and I don't know how long it will take for the new stuff to arrive.  Thanks for your help!  I'll let you know what happens.  Interesting when I went to the website it listed it as Armour Thryoid!  When I called to confirm my script had been faxed they said it is marketed as Thyroid and is manufactured by ERFA.  Can't wait to see the bottle. I order 500 so I would get the manufacturing packaging.  Wish me luck!
That's good to hear Emmy. I hope you'll be "back up and running" soon! I am slowly getting my daughter switched over to it little by little. She started taking 1/2 grain split into two doses in place of 1/2 grain of her N.T. a week ago. I've slowly been tweeking it up. She is up to 1 grain taken in two 1/2 grain doses with the rest of the daily dose being her Nature-Throid. I will slowly keep doing this until I have her completly switched over. So far so good. No complaints and she is acting correctly. She has been on 21/2 grains of Nature-Throid. I hear the Erfa is slightly stronger, so I's shooting for 2 grains of Erfa before labs and then we'll see if she needs more. She was on 2 grains of original Armour, which was perfect for her. Keep in touch and best of luck to you too!
Thanks.  I read on stopthethyroidmadness site that it has slightly less T4 & T3 in each pill.  I'm shooting for 4 grains before labs in 3 months as I was on 4 on the old NT. If I started feeling hyper I will of couse drop it a alitte.  I was undermedicated on the old armour at 2.5 tp 3 grains.  Since I have to do a complete switch with no weaning over it might get interesting.  I went back on my old armour yesterday since I was less hypo on it than the reformulated NT.  I felt really good all day and had too much energy to go to sleep at my usual 9:30 time.  Joints didn't hurt either.  Definitely a difference between Armour & NT. My uncle who has graves and no thryoid now was recommeding his endo yesterday to me.  He loves him and is the only dr who can get him feeling good.  I called and he won't prescribe dessicated ever so I'm not interested.  Of course my uncle is having heart arrythmia problems right now.  I wonder if it is related to his synthroid?  His TSH was 1 something and of course the frees weren't tested. They lowered his syn because of the heart beats.  
My daughter had PVC's in her lower right ventricle on Synthroid alone. Of course her pediatric endo. also never checked the freet3. I later found out it was very low yet her t4 was very high (conversion issue) She no longer has heart issues on desiccated now that she gets help with the t3 level through her meds. We now keep her t3 high in normal range and t4 around mid range. total opposite of how her endo. kept her numbers. She feels better in EVERY way, but the heart was the biggy and enough to make me say-no more of this! New doctor, new med,  new life! Now if "they'd" just quit messing with our desiccated meds so we could all stay consistent and well. I pray the Erfa is the answer for us both and that it will not be changed (pharmacy said it's been the same for 20 years) or made unavailable to us in the future.
Thanks.  Do you have any information about low T3 causing PVCs?  I'd love to give it to my uncle.  His heart is beating out of rhythm and they are going to shock it to try to get back in order.
Interesting labs after being on the new NT.
               4/14                   6/11                   7/16                  range
          OLD NT 4-5grains  OLD NT 3 grains   New NT 4 grains
TSH         .02                   .03                       .02                   .34-5.60
FT4          .84                   .83                       1.01                 .58-1.64
FT3          4.43                 3.31                      3.26                2.39-6.79

I reduced the old NT as I was feeling great but getting severe hand tremors and wanted to see if still felt good at lower dose while getting rid of tremors.  Tremors left but didn't feel quite as good.  Felt much more hypo on new NT.  Interesting that FT4 rose though.
Here's an old thread that has lots of hypo. people on it with heart palps as a symptom.
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Thyroid-Disorders/palpitations-and-rapid-heart-beat-with-hypothyroid/show/744773
Here's a great article conecting PVC's, and Afib to Hypothyroidism (low available thyroid hormone)--remember- t4 is just  a storage hormone that must convert to the biologically active thyroid hormone T3--- if this is too low--it can cause issues with the heart for sure.

http://heartdisease.about.com/od/lesscommonheartproblems/a/thyroidheart.htm
you should read all of Dr. David Brownsteins books. If you are not responding it may be that your adrenals are not functioning. If the adrenals are down no amount of any form of thyroid will help you. Also, you may need other supplements he talks about like iodine (iodoral 12.5-50mg/day), zinc, selenium, A,C,E, B2,B3,B12 and protein. Stay away from soy, bakery goods, soda pops and gatorade. Detox and drink lots of water. You probably will experience some cleansing crisis' (comes on gradually and lasts several hours to several weeks, it is due to the toxins being stirred up but not yet exiting the body- increase water and temporarily decrease detox agents)and even a healing crisis (comes on suddenly right after a feeling of intense well being and lasts several days to several weeks), but this all means you are actually getting better. You may have a bumpy road ahead, but you cannot give up. Not an option. Good Luck.
Just so others know, this post is over one year old. Nature Throid was reformulated in late fall 2009, early winter 2010. Some people did not respond to the change very well and others moved on to other brands of thyroid replacement with good results.

Just reread this whole thread! Wow! What a stressful time for us all! How are you? Are you still doing well on the Erfa thyroid from Canada? My daughter has been on it over a year now and is doing well and is very stable on it. Her labs in May 2011 wer almost identical with a lower reverse t3 then they were 6 months prior (Nov.2010) so this was great news! I recently had to reorder another years worth from Canada and had no trouble getting it shipped in (arrived in 10 days),  and she has been in the new 500 count bottles for 3 weeks! So far so good! (Praise God!) She will have labs taken again in November 2011. She is still on 2 1/2 total grains per day split between 3 doses per day (just as we started her on). Hope you are well and can give me an update on your status?
Still doing well on the Erfa. Wish I had discovered it years ago, can't get back lost time. I got a new bottle a few weeks ago from a reputable supplier, the tablets are harder to split which was a concern but I feel the same. I just hiked a very steep, rugged eight miles on the superior hiking trail which was a section I wanted to do for a couple of years now, it would not have been possible on the other thyroid meds I tried that did not work for me. Seems like most of the Erfa folks have disappeared from hear, I suppose that's a good thing? Its good to get updates since we get this from another country.
I did not know they had reformulated NT all I know is my BP started going through the roof pain in upper arm I have reduced dose with out doctors permission am going to go with erfa next new armour does not do it for me.I just found out that NT has polyethylene glycol in it and I am sensitive to a lot of that stuff. Any one else had BP spikes on NT ?
Yes, NT was reformulated late 09 to early 2010, just after Armour was reformulated. These companies change without notice, I have no idea what NT is like today. There are people that say Armour changed again, for the better, stop The Thyroid Madness site mentions this.

Erfa has to be ordered from Canada. There is no gaurentee US customers will be able to do this indefinitely due to something slid into the the Obama Care law from big US pharma companies.

If I were you, I'd give the new Acella NP Thyroid a try. Its like original Armour and Erfa. Its made in the USA, Walgreens, Walmart and Target can order it.
I'm not sure if this is any help, but I was on (and still am) ERFA from Canada.  Due to problems getting it to where I live, I started to order Nature-Throid.  I took the NT in the morning and the ERFA in the afternoon.
I went for my blood work a few weeks ago, and I have had a complete turn around, after just about getting there with my blood work, and feeling better. I am also now on tablets for pre-diabetes, which I managed to hold off from doing since my last blood work.  My cholesterol is up too after controlling them both.
It would seem either NT isn't as good, or my body doesn't like it.
I'm back fully onto ERFA morning and afternoon, with half a grain of NT in the morning. Blood work to be done in another 6 weeks or so.
My endocrinologist seemed sceptical about the NT and said he would do his research on it.
So, for me NT doesn't work.
Hi Emmy,
Your results from a few years ago are similar to my current ones and I'm wondering if things normalized for you.  Are in a better place?  If so, what worked?  I tried Armour in 2010 and broke out in a rash so I stuck to Synthroid, but I have never felt good.  I finally tried NT and felt great in the first week, but then it's been getting worst ever since - hypo symptoms - brain fog, weight gain.  I'm on 2G now with the results that you had... trying to figure out the best next course of action.