Thyroid Disorders Community
HypeTwo Opinions: Thyroiditis and Subclinical Hyperthyroidism - Help! ...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

HypeTwo Opinions: Thyroiditis and Subclinical Hyperthyroidism - Help!

I am reaching out for help for anyone who might have insight into my situation.
There are many variables, and I will be as succinct as possible.

Over the last ten years, my TSH has remained (invariably) suppressed
(by that I mean, out of the 10 tests, there were 3 that came back very low, but not "flagged"

Also over the last ten years, my T4 has always been normal (with one test showing it flagged as low)
but most all showing it in the borderline low, but normal range.

Moreover, over the same time frame (10 years)  my t3 is invariably within the normal range
(but always 'high normal) yet never flagged as high.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Recent Complete Blood work showed a suppressed Total and Free Testosterone level  (it was flagged)
as well as a --profoundly-- low DHEA-Sulfate Plasma level   78      (195-600)

I am male in my early 30's and in the process of getting an opinion of this.
__________________________________________________________________________________

In 2005 I had an Iodine Up-Take scan, which demonstrated a LOW uptake  (5.3%)
but without hot or cold nodules.  

Also a brain MRI R/O pituitary problems, and other hormones such as LH/FSH are normal
to R/O central hypothyroidism.

My first Endo Dx me with Subacute lymphocytic thyroiditis.

Recently I received a second opinion in which the Dr. thought my dx was Subclinical Hyperthyroidism.
stating that:

"I understand why Dr _______ initially dx him with lymphocytic thyroiditis at that time,
         but given his consistent lab results over an extended period, a more reasonable dx would be
         subclinical hyperthyroidism"
      with possible "Moldering Graves"   -not sure what "moldering" means

________________________________________________________________________________

Symptoms:  Fatigue, extreme intolerance to ---cold--, which is very odd..... I am cold ALL THE TIME,
and my temperature always runs around 97.2, on-and-off paresthesia  and dyskinesia in lower front legs.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Right now I am experiencing what I would describe as a "pinched nerve" sensation on the top
of my foot, close to the ankle.  

It is an area of about (2) inches that is sensitive to touch,and I can feel the nerve pulsating about
every 15 seconds, yet there is no pain except in the shower when warm water is directed to that area.

My Current symptoms:   excessive daytime fatigue, extreme intolerance to COLD (which is odd)
and just recently (within the last 6mo)  I have experienced unexplained (mild) nerve pain
which I would describe as similar to shin splints  (the pain is a pins and needles type sensation,
which comes and goes (ie weeks w/o symptoms, and weeks with symptoms.)

____________________________________________________________________________________

Recently, I have noticed a "sensitive area" on the top of my left foot, close to the ankle, but on the foot

The area isn't painful (unless touched), or when in the shower, when warm water is directed to that area.  
The sensitive area is only about 2 inches in this area of my foot.)

The most anxiety-provoking aspect is the feeling of what I would describe as the nerve "pulsating" --
buzzing/tingling sensation in this very small area.  This may be a completely non-related variable,
but wanted to mention it, because I also have a history of fasciculation in my lower legs.

** Possible differential for this is:  ---  took Levaquin about 6mo ago ---
But wanted to mention this.

b/c she never gave me a clear dx at all.
Glucose levels - Normal
Lyme Test  -  Negative

Complete Metabolic Blood work and CBC W/ Differentials
   -  Normal.   Note: Slightly low Red Blood Cells,
      but hematocrit was 37.9, which doc said was not significant.   No history of anemia.

Only flagged blood tests, as stated, were:  low Free and Total Testosterone and DHEA-Sulfate.
and have not been evaluated for this yet....

Only confirmed   --- "opposing" --- diagnosis:

1. Subclinical Hyperthyroidism    2. Silent Thyroiditis

Lower Leg dyskinesia  Issue: No specific dx ever given.

This is my current situation.    

I am so sorry this was so lengthy, but wanted to mention all variables, and am reaching out for help
(thoughts, suggestions, opinions...)

I am really needing feedback, as these symptoms are very anxiety provoking for me.

Thank you --so very much-- for your time!!