Thyroid Disorders Community
TSH of 2.4, but very symptomatic
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

TSH of 2.4, but very symptomatic

I have been having symptoms of hypothyroid for a year or so.  Freezing, sleeping 8-10 hours a night, but still fatigued, thinning hair, high LDL, loss of out eyebrow (didn't know this was related), dry skin, anxiety...but TSH was 2.4

My question is...could a low dose of hormones help with the symptoms?  My fiance is a physician and says possibly, try and see, but my personal doc (Kaiser HMO) says she doesn't think it will help.  

I am otherwise without health problems.  What do you think?
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
171867_tn?1271047748
oh!! I am very hypo and symptomatic at 2.4 anthing over 1.o I begin symptoms.... most people need to be between .5-1.5 to remain symptom free. I am at 3.75 and are battling with my doseage to get back  to normal! I have almost all your symptoms plus tons more!..listen to your body not the # when you feel normal you will then now where your normal #'s will need to be. good luck! try the meds I bet you will feel much better!
Blank
393685_tn?1325870933
What kind of hormones are you speaking about?

There could be dozens of imbalances going on - including not having the right dosage of thyroid meds.

What are you on?

What tests have you done?

Hormones are tricky business and just trying them without really knowing what your situation is can be hundreds of steps backwards in regaining your wellness back.

I don't want to override your husband - but were you tested for deficiencies? Hypo's are  overlooked in zinc - copper and magnesium - along with trouble in the Vit D-C-and B's

Simply that can change a situation.
Blank
499534_tn?1328707778
I also want to add that a TSH test does not give a complete picture of what is going on with your thyroid. You also need to have a Free T3 and Free T4 tests done with the TSH....and the antibody tests for Hashimotos and Graves....TPO Ab, TSI, TgAb, etc...
An example would be if you have Hashi's, your tsh would need to be supressed to between a .50-1.0 to be symptom free of hypo symptoms. My endo said that the body cannot start to heal from hashi's if your levels remains above a 1.0.  
Blank
523918_tn?1244553431
The answer may be in the free T3 and free T4 levels, you must check them......
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...