Thyroid Disorders Community
Thyroid peroxidase test High

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Thyroid peroxidase test High

I had a blood test my Thyroid peroxidase us at 2083.5! What does this mean? And how do I treat it and get it in the normal range????
It means you have antibodies against your own thyroid, you have probably Hashimoto thyroiditis. Now you need to check your TSH, free T3 and free T4 and make an ultrasound of your thyroid. I have high Thyroid peroxidase antibodies (TPO) and I'm not sick (.....yet). Read this: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/thyroid-disease/AN00806
WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY!

C~
hi my antithyroid peroxidase is >600 , my t3 and t4 is in range and my TSH is 7.2. pls help and tell me something abt TPO , why is it  so high. Thanks!
It looks like you have Hashi's and the antibodies from the autoimmune disease are pretty well active at the moment. This can cause the TSH to go up.
my t3 t4 & tsh are within range but my anti thyroidal peroxidase is greater than 1300 & anti thyroglobulin grater than 378. so can anyone tell me the cause of these stats
Thyroid Peroxidase Antibodies and Thryoglobulin Antibodies are produced when the body sees the thyroid as foreign and produces antibodies to destroy it.  The diagnosis would be Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, even though actual thyroid hormones are still in range.  

Are the T3 and T4 you had done, Free or Total?  If your report doesn't specify "Free" for each one, then they are total, which is considered obsolete and of little value, because some of each of the hormones will be attached to protein, therefore, unusable.  The "free" or unattached portion is what we need to know.  Please post the actual results and be sure to include reference ranges, since ranges vary lab to lab and have to come from your own report.  

Just because T3 and T4 are "in range", doesn't mean they are adequate for you.  Do you have symptoms of hypothyroidism?
Hi I have Thyroid Per antibodies were  105 H  the range <9 IU/mL
TSH 2.89  range 0.40-4.50 MlU/L
T4 FREE 1.2 range 0.8-8.1 mg/dL
T3 FREE 3.0 range 2.3-4.2pg/mL
my D level 36 range 30-100 the D 25 OHD2 ng/mL was <4
  HELP is this bad???????