Thyroid Disorders Community
☼☼ What's your Plans for the Weekend & How are you doing ?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

4771231?1250341405

What's your Plans for the Weekend & How are you doing ?
16%
 (1) 
☼☼☼☼☼☼☼ Awful
16%
 (1) 
☼☼☼☼☼ Okay
50%
 (3) 
☼☼☼☼ Good
16%
 (1) 
☼☼ Excellent
0%
 (0) 
☼ Other
6 Members voted
No real plans .. just relaxing and maybe town pool.  HOT today!
Relaxing by the pool and getting plenty of Vitamin D. No housework! No cooking! It's take-out and minimum stress for Mommy!

:) Tamra
I am heading out of the Land of Oz and into the Home of the Brave. Now 1am Sunday (Aussie time) and I am finally packed! Totally buggered, and need to get some sleep. Waiting on last minute conformations, and then tomorrow I fly outta here! Woohoo!
I am not doing too good. Right now I am bleeding heavy again and cramping really bad. I'm not allowed to do much and have to be off of my feet as much as possible. So, my hubby had to go run some errands and work on our other car and while he is doing that I am sitting at my mom's with my mom, my sis, and my sis's boyfriend. I took over my dad's recliner and laptop. At least I am getting time with my family.
I'm doing okay, but tired and bored --- I'm what I call a "shop widow" - meaning my hubby goes out to his shop to work on hobby projects early in the morning every weekend and stays out till late afternoon.  We both work all week so see very little of each other -- sometimes that's okay, but sometimes not ------ especially this weekend because he's off all next week so can work in his shop all day for the next 5 days, seems like he could at least spend some of the weekend with me.  I know he's got problems of his own (he suffers from depression sometimes and the shop is his "therapy"), but with my "hypo mind", that isn't much comfort........

Had new blood work done on Tues and am waiting to receive the results.......I get tired too quickly, but then I work a grueling schedule so it might just be a normal thing.......and nothing to do with Mr Thyroid............
We have successfully completed our bat erratication project!  Doesn't that sound like fun?  For the past 5 years or so, a little bat comes to live in our garage from late summer until snowfall.  We named  him Belfry.  He is no problem unless you leave the kitchen door open and he makes a lap around the house and flys back out.  We don't have hornets or mosquitoes.  He eats them all.  This year he brought his girlfriend.  That's it!  He's outa here!  I'm not having the whole fan damily move in!
So we put a new storm door on the front door and put the old one on the back garage door.
Success!  No more bats.
Now it's time to start packing.  We have to move Sonny Boy back to campus on Thursday.
I happen to share an office with some pest control guys who are in the process of doing a "bat exclusion project".......... It's really QUITE interesting... once the bats leave their nest, they put up a "screen" to keep them from coming back.  BUT before they do THAT, they have to provide another place for the bats to go, so they put up "bat houses".  So, since you only have one pair of bats, why not get a bat house and put it on a pole as far away from your house as possible and see if they will move in there..

Do some research because the pole has to be the right height, etc.......could be a fun project.........I love listening to the pest control guys working on this and keep wondering if there's a way I can incorporate bat control with MY specialty of potable water quality.   So far haven't been able to find a connection........lol.
Well right now it's 8:45 and I'm ready to hit the bed!! Today I had only one out of five of my kids. My oldest daughter and youngest son are in NC for the summer visiting my parent and they'll be back next weekend. My oldest son and middle daughter went to a water park today with the church. So that left me with just my 2 year old....we had mommy and me shopping trip today!!! It was fun!!!