14.0 TSH
I just received my test results and my TSH level is 14.0.  What does it mean?  My doctor recently changed my thyroid medication from Levothroid to Armour thyroid.  Could that be the cause?
Normal thyroid level is  .5 to 4.5/5.0... yours was way high!  he may have been trying a new medicine to bring it down or work more aggressivly
TSH is not a "thyroid level" because it's not a thyroid hormone, it's a pituitary hormone and is merely an "indicator" of thyroid function.  The accepted range for TSH is currently 0.3-3.0.

Have you had other tests done - such as Free T3 and Free T4, also?  If so, please post the results, along with the lab's reference ranges.  Those are the actual thyroid hormones and knowing those levels will help members comment more fully on your situation.

Component   Your result Standard range Units
T4 FREE         0.92            0.81 - 1.54 ng/dL

Component    Your result Standard range Units
TSH                 14.11    0.35 - 4.00 uIU/mL

Thank you Barb135, my test results are above.  I hope that helps.
Your TSH is high and your FT4 is very low in its range, indicating that you have hypothyroidism.  

It's quite possible that the dosage isn't high enough to bring your thyroid levels up.  I don't understand though why he prescribed Armour without a Free T3 test as well, since Armour is a T3/T4 combo drug.  

I know Armour was reformulated last year and a lot of people do not do well on the new version.  You might ask for NatureThroid instead or even to go back to levo with a T3 supplement; however, I would strongly advise that you insist on getting the FT3 test, since that's the biologically active thyroid hormone.

You might also want to get tested for thyroid antibodies to see if you have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, which is the most common cause of hypothyroidism in the US.
Thanks Barb, I will ask my doctor about the Nature Throid next time I go in to see him.  Does it make a difference that I don't have a thyroid?  I had it removed 5 years ago this October due to cancer.  He had me on the Levothroid to make sure my hormone levels low.  Does that make sense? (I hope I'm explaining it correctly).  :)  
Yes - kind of.... The TSH is not the indicator of "low" levels really. You need to start with the basic tests free T3 and free T4. The T's are the functional thyroid tests.

Switching to desiccated thyroid has many twists and turns involved now with the filler changes. You may need to be adjusted higher to achieve a satisfactory wellness.
I'm not sure about keeping your hormone levels low.  I do know that often for those who have/had thyroid cancer, the TSH  is intentionally suppressed to keep the cancer from returning.  

I think the best thing to do is start with the Free T's and determine your med/dosage from that.  I don't like seeing anyone put on a T3 med (whether dessicated combo or synthetic) without knowing what your actual levels are.