Thyroid Disorders Community
2 1/2 grain thyroid pills better than the 1 grain pill

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

I have been taking Armour thyroid 1 grain tabs for about a year now and doing very well with them.  A week and a half ago I picked up my new bottle at the phamacy and  they did not have any Amour thyroid available in one grain . They gave me a supply of 1/2 grain thyroid instead and told me to take two, which would equal the same dose as the 1 grain.  I have been taking them and I am feeling better on the 2- 1/2 grain pills than the 1 grain pill.  I have talked to the pharmacist and he said that it should not make a differance which one i take because they have the equal amount of medicine in them.  

With taking the two half grain tabs, I feel more energetic, think more clearly and happier.

Could you please help me with  this medical quesion?
Rebecca
I am not sure. are you taking them at different times? It is recommended that armour dosage be split into 2 or 3 dosages to keep the T3 more stable.

Anyway, if it works, then the next time, aske them to do that again. I do that on my 30 mg. I get 15 mg x 2.