2 new solid thyroid nodules 1.6cm and 1.3 cm
I have had multiple nodules  on my thryroid (discovered about 8 years ago).  I have had ultrasounds every year or so and there has been no change in size.  I just had a new ultrasound  (it's been 1 1/2 years since last one) and it shows 2 new solid nodules in the upper pole, left side.  They are adjacent to each other and are 1.6cm and 1.3 cm in size.  I go for a FNB next week.  I'm freaking out over this.  My question is how concerned should I be?  Are new nodules that have grown to this size in 1 1/2 years considered very fast growing?   I am very worried about having anaplastic cancer!!!
Why are you worried that you will get the most rare form of thyroid cancer?  Do you have a family history of it?  Your chances of having any thyroid cancer with just solid nodules is only 5-15%, that will increase to 20% if you have vascularity or calcifications.  The FNAB may or may not give you an answer. It may indicate that it is suspicious, in which case you will have to choose to have 1/2 removed or the whole thing removed.  The nodules will not go away and will probably grow, but if they are causing you symptoms like swallowing difficulties and such, then you may chose to have it taken out. Fear not, thyroid cancer is one of the most curable and usually does not spread, but it is worth taking a look at in your case and getting the answer.  Get the FNA, get the results, go on from there.
Thanks for your help.  I fear the more aggressive thyroid cancers b/c my 2 new nodules popped up in the last 1 1/2 years and are 1.6 and 1.3 which seems pretty rapid growth from what I've read on this forum.  I've read that more common thyroid cancer is considered slow-growing and I'm not sure that fits these.  I wish I knew more about all this.  My nerves are shot and I have another week until the biopsy!   Thanks again for your reply.