Thyroid Disorders Community
2.6 cm nodule
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

2.6 cm nodule

I am thinking that this is fairly large for a nodule.  Does anyone agree?
Related Discussions
11 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
661497_tn?1227728061
Nope, actually it is not.  I am new to all of this but I did see my endo yesterday and he said that some nodules can be HUGE!  I have a nodule about the same size as yours, in fact, I have 3 nodules.  You do, however, need to check the nodule out.  Have it US and biopsied if necessary.  

Good luck!
Blank
427555_tn?1267556758
I had 5 nodules, the largest was 4.8 cm.
Blank
Thanks for your comment.  My endo did say it will likely need to be removed - it will only grow and in 7 years it will be 4 cm.  She did think though that 2.6 is large.  It was biopsied yesterday.  I am awaiting the results.

Yes, iodione deficiency can make nodules grow out of control......2.6 cm would indeed seem small in comparison!
Blank
That is large!!!!
Blank
534785_tn?1329595808
I think it is quite sizable, but fortunately, it's not the biggest one out there. =)
Blank
So you do think it is quite sizable.  And yes, they can be huge can't they!!!  Thanks for your comment
Blank
You all have me a little nervous. My Ultrasound results cane in yesterday and I'm showing a nodule 7cm in size. See the ENT next week.....What should I expect??
Blank
793305_tn?1303671818
Mine was biopsied also...My endo said usually anything larger than 2 cm gets biopsied around here.  Just because it's large doesn't mean there has to be anything bad in there, but some of these nodules can put out their own bit of hormone, so you may be getting an extra rush, then you might get nothing and you are on this horrendous roller coaster ride of ups and downs, physically and mentally....sometimes you just feel that you are going completely insane and most of your family will agree....so find out what it is and let the dr's help you deal....and of course, you can always come out and talk here.  
Blank
929504_tn?1332589534
Since the nodule is 7cm...i am assuming that you can see and feel it because my largest one is 3.6cm and i can definitely feel mine. Since you already had a ultrasound, your next step would most definitely be a biopsy because of the size alone. Your ent will probably recommend surgery to remove the nodule.
Blank
Thanks for your comment. I cannot see or feel this nodule. After your comment I called my doctors office to confirm I heard them right and it was a 7 cm and not 7mm. I also feel pressure in the side of my neck and still have cough and I'm hoarse.

I heard so many different things, just wish  knew for sure!!
Blank
Hi,

Mine was 2.6cm from ultrasound. I thought it was huge. After the sugery, the doc told me that my nodule grew around my nerve. he pulled it out and measured. It was 3.5cm. I prayed to God that 2.6cm seemed to be ok compared to 3.5cm. Anyway, no matter what size that is, have it check out. I did have biopsy before the surgery and it was cancer. I had it taken out with whole thyroid.

Good luck on your result.

Vivi
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979