ANTIBIOTICS AND THYROID

Just a quick question.  I am in the waiting process for blood work, having had my Armour changed from 135 mg to 120 to 90 and to 75 and still not feeling the best.  Some heart palpitations, but not as often as with the higher dosage, but not feeling myself that much.  Anyway, I think I may have a sinus infection - lots of sinus drainage and feeling really down.  But with the thyroid problem, it is hard to tell what is from what these days.  I have not been to the doctor for the sinus thing as they say if it is viral, they can't do anything, but it doesn't seem to be going away.  Anyway wondering if I was prescribed an antibiotic, does that type of medication interfere with thyroid and that situation?  Anyone have any insight on this?

Thanks,
Liz
I have had several courses of augmentin for sinus infections over the past year and have not noticed any effect on my thyroid levels.  I did, however, feel the prednisone I was taking last summer may have caused a temporary swing in my TSH, but everything was back to normal once I was off the steroids (given to reduce inflamation from the sinus infection).  

I wouldn't worry about the antibiotics if your doctor decides you need them.  My ENT knows I am on synthroid and didn't give me any warning about interactions, neither does the literature with the antibiotics or the synthroid.  I think you might be okay.  

Hope you feel better.  
If you are an Armour patient - you can have a swing in TSH. - it varies on the meds that are Rx'd -- predisone is a biggy -- ( just found that out due to taking it)  It really should not make too much difference though and by all means take the antibiotic -

Remember - it is important that when on a round of antibiotic you should start a regimen of acidophillus afterwards. The antibiotics now are pretty powerful and kill off the good bacteria along with the bad that has you sick. The acidophillus will replemish the good bacteria and help regulate you back to normal - at least a 3 week dose.