Thyroid Disorders Community
ANYONE TRIED TIME-RELEASED T3/CYTOMEL?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

ANYONE TRIED TIME-RELEASED T3/CYTOMEL?

My endo just added Cytomel to my Synthroid as I have no many hypo symptoms and can hardly function.  My labs are within what they say "normal" range but not necessarily "optimal" for me.  I know everyone is different.  I have been on Cytomel for one week now and was prescribed 1/2 of a 25 mcg tablet a day to start.  So far I tried splitting it and taking half in the A. M. and half in the P. M. to avoid a "jolt" - also took it with food as I understand each way is acceptable - with or without.  I didn't notice much of a change in feeling like I was "dead" - so yeaterday and today I took the 1/2 tablet (12.5 mcg I guess it is) - and although I feel rather hyper - nervous - I do feel some better.  I have been almost non-functional for two months now - and go almost nowhere but doctors and do nothing.  So, anything is an improvement.  I have labs in 3 more weeks and we will see if I am getting too much T4 because the doctor lowered my Synthroid from .88 mcg to .75 mcg.  

I have heard about time-released T3 from a compounding pharmacy so that you get it thoughout the day instead of a quick jolt - anyone have any experience with this?  I think it would be worth it if the Cytomel did indeed work for me.

Thanks,
Liz
Good to hear you are doing a wee better. I always ask myself.. whats worse, feeling dead or feeling like I am going to jump out of my skin!! I still cant answer that one!!

Anywho... glad the day is alittle better for ya! I really want off this ride!! I've had enough already!!

mk
You aren't kidding.  After feeling so bad for so long - I could feel bad and only a tiny bit better and think I felt good - how bad is that.  I just take a xanax and see if that will help - I don't know.....don't care....

I just want to be back to my old self and don't know if that will happen - perhaps a new normal will be it....we will see.

I also heard from someone on the boards about magnesium citrate for heart palps and is supposed to calm you - do you know anything about that?

How are you feeling today?

Liz

Liz