Abdominal cramps running hypeirthyroid
I am 48 yrs old male and I was diagnosed with subacute thyroiditis 1 month ago 5 days after receiving a flu shot. Symptoms include 20 lb weight loss, aches, insomnia, terriblr excercise performance and resting pulse 100. Another symptom which is less commonly talked about is rt side abdominal cramps while running. I am an experienced and competitive runner and have never had this problem prior to thyroiditis. Blood work and sonography negative for liver pancreas appendix gall bladder. Noticed co2 higher than normal plus elevated ESR C Reactive protein typical of disease.

Symptom mgmt was 500 mg motrin and 50 mg atenolol weeks 2 to 3 after onset. Now week 4 no aches and pulse drop to 80. For week 4 no motrin and 25 mg atenolol.

Question is has abdominal cramps while running been reported by athletes with disease along with muscle and joint pain. Also what is the reported time span of the thyrotoxic phase of the disease.
Well I'm not a gastro doc, but by the tests it doesn't appear to be gastro related. My thought is possible hernia, or just one of the symptoms of graves that didn't make ''the list''. Many of us with graves have a symptom or two that didn't make the list of symptoms. Yes joint and muscle pain is also a symptom of graves. However being low for potassium and magnesium can also cause joint pain. These deficiencies are common in hyper. Do you take supplements? Does the cramp feel gassy?
I apologize, you did not mention you had graves, i just assumed. Forgive me. However it wouldn't hurt to be tested for it, as that is the number one reason for hyper!