Thyroid Disorders Community
Addison's Disease

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Addison's Disease

I have recently been Dx with Addison's Disease at age 48, which has caused chronic hypoglyemica.  Sometimes I get really scared.  I feel dizzy a lot.  Are my symptoms typical?
-3 Comments Post a Comment
Why don't you post this to msfergy.  She has Addison's also, but she always refers to it as just adrenal insufficiencies.  Think she ended up in the ER with a bad episode and that is when she was dx.

Good luck.
Dac
Avatar n tn
Hello, yes I was diagnose as Adenal Insuff. and went to the ER 7 times before they finally caught my BP at 70/40 5 months later, long story short there is a cortisol blood test that needs to be done. Symptoms were BP dropping certain times of day, loss of appetite, nausea, went through a stage of vomiting/diahrea toward the end, and yes some dizziness which is caused by BP drop.
Also my menstral was very heavy during that time.
hello, i have had addison and thyriod for 16yrs.took them 17months,in and out of hospitals know one knew what was wrong with me.i stopped having my menstral and was not able to remember things sometimes.its been a hard and long road i think everyones body is different. i really never knew that there was people out there that also had addisons.