Adolescent thyroid problem?
My 11 year od son went to an endocrinologist recommended by his pediatrician.  He is slightly short(25th), apears to be at least 1 to 1-1/2 yrs younger than he is, always lethargic, moody, very slightly chubby face and waist, doesn't respond to stress well, slightly tired looking eyes.  The endo was originally looking for a growth hormone deficiency, however thought he may be hypothyroid.  The test came back showing everything in the normal range.  He stated that my son was possibly in the early stages of puberty, his growth was OK, and to come back in 6 months.  I have researched growth hormone deficiency and hypothroidism as much as possible in the last 2 weeks.  He has many glaring, obvious symptoms of both.  I've even read that many times the tests are not always accurate.  Is that possible?  I do not know what else could be wrong with him.  He is just always sluggish, and his size compared to some of his peers is starting to affect him.  I am more concerned about his physical and mental well-being and energy than his overall size.  I would not like to wait very much longer to get him on some type of treatment.   Please advise at your earliest convenience.  Thank you very much for your time.
I would also ask about checking Cortisol levels. Cushings Disease. I'm not a doctor just a mom of Hashimoto child.  Some times it takes the abnormal hormone levels a while to show up in the blood.  Thats what I have been told.

Good Luck