Thyroid Disorders Community
Adrenals article that ALL Hashis/hypos should read

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Are your labs normal but you're still fatigued? Are you constantly having problems whenever you up your thyroid hormone, yet your labs show you are low? Some people may need their adrenals corrected before taking that thyroid pill. The most reliable test for adrenals is the 24 hour saliva test, cheaper than a blood test. Why don't more endos test and treat our adrenals??? Read the below article.

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art44711.asp
Because most Dr's don't believe in any saliva testing for hormones. Silly I know.
Easiest thing to do for ALL women is to take an adrenal adaptogen so it corrects over active or under active.
Taking B complex a couple times per day and Vit C are also important for adrenal health.
Most important is to make sure you are sleeping properly and you have proper relaxation and down time.....oh yeah and no STRESS! LOL yeah....right! lol
Laura, where do you get your adrenal adaptogens. Any brands we should be looking for? How much do you take per day? My chiropractor will give me a herbal for adrenals after we get my saliva test results. I already know my adrenals are shot.

I learned something interesting today. Some people get a fatty hump on their backs, just at the base of the neck, buffalo hump. Low adrenals can cause this. I can't count the number of buffalo humps in my city. I am developing one and I sure hope my new protocol will get rid of it.

:) Tamra
That hump can also be caused by osteoporosis.
Actually that hump is from over active adrenals and is due to Cushing's Disease.
Low adrenals can turn into Addison's disease.
My adaptogen is made by Apex Energetics in which my acupuncurist sells it to me. I believe you can only get it through a medical or health professional.
I like the adaptogens best due to not stimulating anything and helping either way.
I had an endo say my 24 hr adrenal saliva test (from a chiro) meant nothing to him. It was paper airplane material!

It amazes me how so many in the medical professions do not research ANYTHING after med school. In a world where everyone else increases education just to keep up, they don't think they need to.

Treating adrenals without disease seems to have so many approaches, no two people have the same answer.

My chiro gave me drenamin has b's and c in it supposed to take it breakfast lunch and dinner.  But I can't take it with my nature throid tried and it was not a good combo I was so dange fatigued for the day don't think I got any of the T3 that day felt like a walking zombie.  He did some mucsle testing while he pushed on the points for different parts of the body to see whats wrong and I was just cracking up because I could hold my arm up but when he pushed on the spot for my adreanals I could not my overies were slightly bad.
I since went back to the doctor and told him about that and why I think I have adreanal all my weight in the middle, my thyroid numbers won't go where they should, have had some pretty stressful events beginning in child hood so he agreed to give me a script for the hydrocortizone for 6 months.  So we will see how it goes he put me on 25's.  With the agreement if I have any hyper feeling to go back.
I took the saliva and urine test which confirmed adrenal fatigue. My doctor is an MD who practices alternative medicine. He only uses supplements from from makers of the highest standard. The adaptogen he gave me is "Adrenal Balance" by NewMark. He also gave me "TravaCor" by NeuroScience (which also did the lab test). TravaCor blocks the excitatory neurotransmitters. My test showed cortisol that rose rather than fell during the day. I was having panic attacks in addition to extreme fatigue. I don't know if these supplements are available in stores. I get them on the internet or at my doctor's office.
Additional information. If you are suffering from adrenal fatigue, the most beneficial is B5. I believe the adrenal condition depletes it. It has been an enormous help to me.