Thyroid Disorders Community
Advice please!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Advice please!

I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism at 16, although I suffered from symptoms for two years prior. I am 18 now and up until recently I was on synthroid and feeling pretty good. A couple weeks ago I had to switch to levothroxine (levothyroxine) because synthroid through a certain pharmacy cost to much.  I have been taking it for about 28 days and  recently have noticed lumps in my throat. It makes it kind of hard to swallow. The last time this happend I was still on synthroid ,my symptoms didn't seem as bad than as they do now and my doctor was annoyed when I went to see him about it.  He said the swelling was caused by  stress and would go away, it did. But now on the levothyroxine  I have had swollen lymphnodes for about three days now. I am concerned and would like some advice. I am going to see my doctor about this if the symptom persists.

Thanks for reading this.
Changes in medications can take time for the body to adjust to.  It takes at least 4-6 weeks following a med change to  know how it's going to work for you, and often longer.

In addition, different manufacturers use different fillers/binders in the pills that some people don't do as well on them.  You might ask your pharmacy to try to get med from a different manufacturer to see if that would make a difference.

I've found that taking selenium supplements can help with the "lumpy" feeling in the throat.  I've also found that stress does play a role and symptoms get worse during times of stress (even if I don't realize I'm stressed),

Not sure why lymph nodes would swell on a change of thyroid med..... might be a good one to talk to your doctor about.
Thank you!